BIG thanks to the 2009 World Tunnel Champs participants and sponsors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
Just wanted to say thanks to all of the participants and sponsors from this past weekends World Tunnel Championships race, we all had a great time. The race went extremely well, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Got to meet me a couple new faces this year, Garrett and Tim, and probably a few others that I cant think of. While Tony Atwell may be difficult at times to understand (both mentally and verbally), he said it best when they arrived at the pond on Thursday evening.....

"This is just like a big ole' family reunion" (screamed at the top of his lungs)

Its the best way to describe boat races like this, seeing old friends you only get to see once a year, and enjoying every minute of it.

Lets get the boat count back up next year, and do it all over again. See most of you guys at the Fall Nats in October!

Hear are a few key words and phrases to be remembered by most from this past weekend:

1. Dang! dat little electric boat is fast!

2. Black dirt

3. Bermuda Rum

4. Firefly

5. Gilligans

6. Roman Candles

7. Miyabi's

8. Sake

9. Watch that dead boat

10. Waffle House

11. Bad economy

12. Where is _________? (see #11)

Feel free to add to the list

Thanks Again, ~James

Last edited by a moderator:
i would like to thank rick glover and his family(room and board), robin & travis stebbins(canopy), bill britton(all the help with the sniper), mitch atwell(1000mph tape), and everyone who helped and answered all my petty q"s.

had a blast, will do again in the fall :D :D

o'yea fred lumb(letting me launch and retrieve his boats all day wed ;) )

tim

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the participants and sponsors from this past weekends World Tunnel Championships race, we all had a great time. The race went extremely well, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Got to meet me a couple new faces this year, Garrett and Tim, and probably a few others that I cant think of. While Tony Atwell may be difficult at times to understand (both mentally and verbally), he said it best when they arrived at the pond on Thursday evening.....

"This is just like a big ole' family reunion" (screamed at the top of his lungs)

Its the best way to describe boat races like this, seeing old friends you only get to see once a year, and enjoying every minute of it.

Lets get the boat count back up next year, and do it all over again. See most of you guys at the Fall Nats in October!

Hear are a few key words and phrases to be remembered by most from this past weekend:

1. Dang! dat little electric boat is fast!

2. Black dirt

3. Bermuda Rum

4. Firefly

5. Gilligans

6. Roman Candles

7. Miyabi's

8. Sake

9. Watch that dead boat

10. Waffle House

11. Bad economy

12. Where is _________? (see #11)

Feel free to add to the list

Thanks Again, ~James

mmmmmmmm. sake.

To all of the CMB crew: Gabe, Don, RC, Anthony and John, thanks for making such a fun time out of a bunch of misfits just getting together for the love of a hobby.

Grim & Dunny: With friends like you, getting old will be a pleasure. God Bless.

TBM: Good job Godfather, Guido, and Fingers. Hard work always pays off.

Ron: NEVER could have done this without you bro. Thank you :)

Greg: Just like old times, glad your back in the water........

Moparbarn: Barn Jr. better be ready next year. TBM says "Game On".

Nuzum and Dizzy: Great to finally meet ya, can't wait till '10 WTC.

Shane and Terry: That was some kick azz rum.

This is my 5th CMB race, and it gets better every year. Thanks for the good time.

Mitch, Tony and Jr.: Hopefully we can hit some SOWEGA races soon.

Thanks again for everything.

Premo

i can only second what's been said so far!! also great to see all my friends again after a year. had a blast, beautiful weather, great race site, & a fun race very well run by the cmb. thanx to everyone for sharing a weekend i'll remember for a looooong time.

premo - jr. says he was born & raised in fla., it might be like looking in a mirror for ya B) . game on :D !

rick - thanx for your offer of a place to stay, much appreciated! travis is thrilled with the rossi's, thanx!

gabe & randy - good job on running the race, & keeping things moving along. 5 rounds & still gone by 1 p.m., hell yeah!!

tim - good to meet ya & finally put a name & face together. enjoyed pitting next to you & rick.

mitch & tony - heard you before i saw you, but that's normal :lol: . bring roman candles next year, we gotta defend ourselves.

jenni - thanx for your hard work on the trophy plaques. mine looks great!

doug & kerri - beautiful camera work, as always.

only 1 new phrase this year: "the switch is in normal" (thanx, nub)

can't wait for next spring to do it again. my only change i can wish for is a better economy so i can see more familiar faces at the pond next year!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back