Best starter belts regardless of cost ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the best belt. But not cheap. It's a Bando Duraflex GL COG 2L180 BJ 12. This is a 18" belt and all you do is change the 2L# to a different number for shorter ones. I use this belt on the big boats and the 2L150 for the small boats. I think the belts on my twin are over 15 years old. So long as you don't burn them or cut them they will last a long time. But I think the belt on my 60 hydro is got a bad burned place in it. And everyone points it out and that was over 5 years ago and it is still going.
Been getting mine from Motion Industrial about 10 each. And I think they were about $15.00 each.

I'm not sure what you've been using but we've always had good luck with the alphasew belts. 1712 is the model I've been using on the 45's and as long as you don't cut one on a zip tie from the header coupling they have been holding up great.

I'm not sure what you've been using but we've always had good luck with the alphasew belts. 1712 is the model I've been using on the 45's and as long as you don't cut one on a zip tie from the header coupling they have been holding up great.
I have used them for 30 years but anything in the last 7 or so , cant be sure , has been substandard and are sometimes cracked in the package . I will never buy another for my .91's I'll tell you that .

Here is the best belt. But not cheap. It's a Bando Duraflex GL COG 2L180 BJ 12. This is a 18" belt and all you do is change the 2L# to a different number for shorter ones. I use this belt on the big boats and the 2L150 for the small boats. I think the belts on my twin are over 15 years old. So long as you don't burn them or cut them they will last a long time. But I think the belt on my 60 hydro is got a bad burned place in it. And everyone points it out and that was over 5 years ago and it is still going.
Been getting mine from Motion Industrial about 10 each. And I think they were about $15.00 each.
This is the info I was looking for . Thanks !

I have used some of the belts from Mark also. Not sure which are in the boats now , but no problems with any of them.

Times 2, great belts, had some for over 40 years now.

Check out black fiber belts used in vacuum cleaner power heads. I've had some for 20 years. They do not melt when left lying against a hot header. I believe mine were for a Hoover machine.
They start out a bit stiff but will eventually soften a bit with fuel. May have to shop around at several repair shops s to find the right ones. Many are flat geared belts but some V belts are still around. Look for an old dusty shop.
Alternatively, an old sewing machine shop might have the black ones. The brown plastic ones melt too easy.

Back