Best Rigger For .67 Engine.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Kinney

I want to build a rigger. I don‘t know who all makes kits. And it would be for a .67 engine not sure if that makes a difference. Let me know your opinion on the best one to build.

Thanks
Steven

miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low.jpg

JAE seems to be really popular now,, Crapshooter, Andy Brown's SGX ( if he is still producing kits ) and a bunch of older models that can be cleaned up and are still great riggers today...

There are a lot of small batch builders out there kind of aimed at building specific boats for SAW, oval records, and heat racing.. kinda depends on what you are thinking about running...

Last edited:
The only boat right now with full support is the 67 Road Runner from Ralph. The next would be the JAE 67 which is a good choice, however the kit has no instructions and I believe there is no cowling available. There are detailed instruction's from JAE for the 21 boat which will work for the build of the 67. There are many threads on IW for help which makes the JAE a good choice plus you can't beat the price. If you can find a used SGX or Crapshooter there is also great support on IW for them, the new ones just aren't around. Steven you said kit, so in that case the JAE is it. Ralph's boat is pre assembled and Starts at 1K. Good luck with your search.

I want to build a rigger. I don‘t know who all makes kits. And it would be for a .67 engine not sure if that makes a difference. Let me know your opinion on the best one to build.

Thanks
Steven

Overall, I've been satisfied with my JRX Hydros from Joel Martin.

Very well built and Joel will build it to whatever level you'd like.

Delivery time is very good, and it's an awful lot of boat for the money.

My particular E/F JRX can run with 11cc, 13cc, and 15cc/16cc engines,

though I don't have it finished yet.

The JRX 45 runs really great once I got it dialed in.

Give Joel a call, you won't be disappointed.

tim

Back