Best 90 101 motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

The KRE engine has been in development for a few years now. There will be a new batch for sale soon as i finish them off.

The one pictured is an early one with bell valve induction. They are now conventional drum induction. The bell wasnt reliable enough for heat racing.

Specs are, 28mm Bore 24mm Stroke, 48mm c to c Tool steel conrod with needle roller big end.

Steel bearing housing with bearings clamped to crankshaft for max reliability and life. I have ran these engines in a mono at over 24,000 RPM many times.

30% silicon piston with no Circlips, Teflon button to retain pin.

14mm bolt on carb.

Engine mount holes, exhaust stub and crank thread are the same as the EV0/RS CMB engines

I will endeavor to get some pics up here soon!

The port castings in the KRE case look small....................................

Like to see the inside and a port measurement of the casting.
You could hide a kangaroo in each of transfer tracks, and a koala in the boost track:)

Just for a comparison .....................the bolt pattern is the same?

DSCN2950.JPG

post-13636-0-33404500-1454161155.jpg

DSCN2951.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Steel bearing housing with bearings clamped to crankshaft for max reliability and life.

Very Nice!

I have been running CMB 90's and 101's. The 90 run good with a little mods but the 101 must be done right or you can melt them down. I seen too many melted down. And have done a few myself.

The new Nova Rossi 91 is a great motor right out of the box. I designed a new head button and flywheel collet which has fixed a lot of the small problems we were seeing. The motors that Ron Shaw have in stock have these parts in them. The next batch of motors will have a shorter drive shaft where we will not have to cut off a 0.250" so the flex shaft will bite right. We have two prototypes that have over 5 gallons of 55% fuel thru them. And they are getting faster every time we run them. We are learning more about them that is. We are turning the same prop as I run on the 101 twin except with more cup. It is a special COCR prop that is made from a 1667. It has a baseline pitch of 5" on the twin. On the Nova Rossi I have had to cup the props to about 6.5" of cup pitch. That mean 5" baseline with 6.5" cupped. If anyone saw it run in FL they were turn up very well.

I have two of the new ones that will be going into a new twin. And the way these motor come all you have to do remove from box and install in boat. That's how good they are.

No Kangaroos, 2 wallabies and 2 koalas
default_cool.png

They have a 5 port design, One Exhaust port, 2 transfers and 2 Boost ports.

CMB use 2 transfers and one boost port.

Conrod is guided in the piston, not the big end.

20160131_152347_resized.jpg

20160131_152958_resized.jpg

I see said the blind man.........................looks good..................like the top guide piston setup.

Here is a pair of KRE 90s in Ken's twin rigger... Australian designed and built masterpieces. Keep an eye out for these when Ken's production run increases.

20150327_202807.jpeg

Not on the list but the VAC 91's are really nice running powerful engines but due to the open ended crank (single support bearing around rod unlike /RS style engines ) is set up it enjoys a steady diet of large crank bearings . Its a shame the bearing wasn't larger from the factory (same as a .67 . Put bearings in every two to three outings and they will last .

Back