Best 20 mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I throw out one more option, the Delta Force 33. This is a very slippery 21 mono that has proven itself in FE racing. I built one recently for 21 mono and was reasonably impressed with how it runs in a small pond. Truth will come in the upcoming NAMBA winter Nats in Huntsville.

Attachments

• IMG_6137.JPG
    IMG_6137.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6291.JPG
    IMG_6291.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
  • Camarillo 1-15-09 089r.jpg
    Camarillo 1-15-09 089r.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Camarillo 1-15-09 187r.jpg
    Camarillo 1-15-09 187r.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 58
I have an old Twincraft-1992 with black P5 that held A mono record of 87.82 seconds-Namba dist. 19. Ran 52.7 mph straight line in circle trim. Timed by trap-not radar gun. All in 1992. Great boat, and I'm updating it with radio etc. The new motors have a bit more power. But as you all know, setup & prop is the key.
I'v e had the boat on shelf covered since 1993...when new wife distracted me. Now after 28 years, I'm not distracted much and my kids have grown up.
Next is same vintage X Hydro-Pinkert Daytona. But that's another story!. Had 58.59 second record same year and place. Another great boat

Don,

You may want to try some new 21-Mono propeller designs from
ABC Propeller in Columbus, Ohio. I would suggest the 1614/3 in
either the cleaver or chopper blade designs first. If you have the
power the next step up would be the 1615/3-20*-65% chopper
or the newest 1615/3-23*-47% cleaver.

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

Hello Mark the weather looks like it going to warm up this week hoping that the pond in Saginaw thaws out looking forward to trying the 1615 / 3 blades you prepare for me I'll let you know how they work in the seaducer and the speedmaster Jeff

Don,

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund
Thanks for suggestion Mark. I should be happily back in water pretty soon and will see if it runs as well as in past.
Then, I'll work on more speed.
Don

Don,

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund
Hi Mark, the prop I usually ran is a 47 x 63 ABC pitched and cupped. Any idea how this compares to the props you are recommending?
Surface drive near transom. Straight angle. I've used a Prather 225 on occasion, but it is slower and for rough water/wind.
Don

Don,

Your 47mm X 63 mm of pitch = 2.48” of average pitch with a 1.35 pitch ratio
1614/3 = 2.24” of average pitch with a 1.4 pitch ratio
1615/3 = 2.40” of average pitch with a 1.5 pitch ratio
You must of reduced the diameter of the 47 X 63 or ran
a pretty high strut depth? A 47 mm diameter propeller on
a non-gear driven mono is an interesting choice. Today, I think
a three bladed propeller will run more stable on the water with
better acceleration on a 21-Mono. Just my opinion that is all.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Don,

Your 47mm X 63 mm of pitch = 2.48” of average pitch with a 1.35 pitch ratio
1614/3 = 2.24” of average pitch with a 1.4 pitch ratio
1615/3 = 2.40” of average pitch with a 1.5 pitch ratio
You must of reduced the diameter of the 47 X 63 or ran
a pretty high strut depth? A 47 mm diameter propeller on
a non-gear driven mono is an interesting choice. Today, I think
a three bladed propeller will run more stable on the water with
better acceleration on a 21-Mono. Just my opinion that is all.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund
Minor typo on my part...prop is 2"d 47 x 63. Strut is about 1,25 wide. shaft is close to bottom. It has not been cut down so it must be mismarked.
Still have to get in water. Update in a month!. I do know 3 blade props run smoother and keep boat from leaping around.
Thanx again, Don

Last edited:
For the last 5 NAMBA Nationals at least two of the first three hulls were Seducers.

Lohring Miller
That speaks well for the design(er). I don't recall if they were available when I started with my Twincraft (around 1990).
At the time I watched a TC run all over the class and I figured I could make it better. So I did. Didn't notice anything after
I got divorced and met new wife to be in 1992.
Talk about brain fade.
DD

I'll be running the p5 as it was. Some pretty good mods that I did back then. The whole effort is to be sure it is as good as it was then try to go faster.
I don't know if you ever saw it run David but it was pretty awesome at the time. Then... I'll sell it.
I want it to be awesome now not "used to be".
Don

This is a good post.. good subject.

To me its more than a "competitive hull"..

Where do you get one?.. how much?.. do they have any in stock? if not, how long before I can get one?

SEADUCER EVERY TIME. Jerry has done and continues to do a great job bringing boats to market.. making sure ANYBODY can get one and AT ANY TIME.

Reputation regarding Seaducer is more then winning...

Grim

When Jerry is driving the hull is extremely hard to beat. My first experience with Seducer was watching Jerry assemble a new hull from scratch at the 2000 NAMBA Nationals. I doubted that an untested boat would do well. I was obviously wrong since he swept the series.

Lohring Miller

A Seaducer w/stok CMB won US-1 at the 2019 IMPBA Internet’s, runner up at the 2018 NAMBA Nats in Dallas (to another Seaducer/CMB boat) and back to back wins at the 2019 & 2021 NAMBA Winter Nitro Championships. I’d say that’s a pretty good boat motor combo.

Back