Battery Help!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what prop to use but I have a box full of small props from a 437 to 445 2 & 3 blades with different cuts and pitches. I am just going to have to go to the lake and test,test and test some more..
Buddy,

If you only have Octura props, then, for P-LTD, if you are running an AQ2030, then start with an X442. You will likely find it'll work best if you detongue it a bit, and back-cut it about .080-.090". Once you get your boat setup, you can then start bending some trailing edge pitch into it.

If you happen to have an ABC 42x55, or a Grimracer 42x55, then that is where I'd start. Similar treatment, though you can run it pretty much stock and it'll still perform well. Mine is detongued, backcut, and pitched up as described above, and my boat is quite "competitive" in P-LTD.

Now, once you really get going, and if you are willing to spend some time dialing the boat in, the new ABC 1715-17-45(2) would be the way to go, but it's going to take some setup to get it right. Has way less lift so you'll need more angle in the lower, etc., to make up for that.

Good Luck and most of all, HAVE FUN!

Back