Battery Help!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are concerned, you can always convert a BEC type ESC into a non-BEC type by removing the center pin (which is the positive pin) from the ESC connector and then use a separate receiver battery and switch.
I like this option. This will be the way I'll set my boat up since I am still old school using a 75mhz radio.

Thank you for your reply.

Buddy

Well guys, Thanks for all the input. I am going to get the Hyperion eos 0720i charger and Turnigy 5000mah 60C batteries for my boat.

Cant wait for next year so I can kick Marks (ah you know what).

Buddy
I'll be waiting to get my amps kicked!
default_tongue.png

Hobbywing 180amp esc is what I'm using. It has a on/off switch. Tested this out, while the throttle is full on, turning the tx off also shuts off the motor. ESC powers the rx. Tactic TSX57 for steering. Hangar 9 pull-pull wheel with Dubro wire. No issues so far..
Mark, just a word of caution: Don't use throttle and then shutoff the controller. This is very hard on the controller and will damage it eventually. It's not as bad when you are just using a switch, but you should never do this and unplug the battery. It will result in blown switches and caps.
Tyler,

Thanks for the wise words. I did this once, as a test for the results.

Now for a motor, One of the races I'll be going to only allows the Aquacraft UL-1 motor, SV-27 Motor or the Proboat Blackjack motor. The boats that were at our last race all had the UL-1 motor on them. Is there and advantage using the UL-1 motor over the other two?

Buddy

The UL-1 is the motor that came with the package I bought last year. Believe, lower the KV, a larger prop can be turned. I'm thinking of going slightly higher KV when Open Electric is offered.

UL-1 2030kv

Proboat Blackjack 2000kv

SV-27 1800kv

The next question is props. i have several for a 21 nitro boat so would they work on this electric boat?

Also I am ordering the 36-56-1800 Aquacraft motor and it comes with 4mm connectors, should I go bigger like 5.5mm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, Thanks for all the input. I am going to get the Hyperion eos 0720i charger and Turnigy 5000mah 60C batteries for my boat.

Buddy
default_tongue.png

Hobbywing 180amp esc is what I'm using. It has a on/off switch. Tested this out, while the throttle is full on, turning the tx off also shuts off the motor. ESC powers the rx. Tactic TSX57 for steering. Hangar 9 pull-pull wheel with Dubro wire. No issues so far..
Mark Scott im coming after you as well. Thats what happens when you wont let me ride *****

Buddy
default_tongue.png

Mark Scott im coming after you as well. Thats what happens when you wont let me ride *****
Ain't no way *****... I'm taking the ***** pad off!

And just to remind you and Buddy

zn23ht.jpg

default_tongue.png
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

Buddy
I'll be waiting to get my amps kicked! [emoji14]

Ain't no way *****... I'm taking the ***** pad off!
And just to remind you and Buddy

zn23ht.jpg

[emoji14]
default_biggrin.png
[emoji38]
Take a good look Mark your going to be following it a long time
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Do I need to change the 4mm connectors that came on the Aquacraft motor to 5.5mm? The wire looks to be 12 gauge and it seams too small to handle 50 amps at least in the AC world of electricity.

Batteries and charger are on order but the rest of it is DONE. I'm coming to get ya Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!Going to kick your "AMPS"
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Thanks for letting me pick you brain and everybody else I have PMed with questions.

Got me fired up to build another one.

Buddy

100_0536.JPG100_0537.JPG100_0534.JPG

Looking good Buddy!! Have you decided on a prop yet? Might go another route next year. It'll be fun!

Not sure what prop to use but I have a box full of small props from a 437 to 445 2 & 3 blades with different cuts and pitches. I am just going to have to go to the lake and test,test and test some more..

Thinking P-LTD tunnel will be a fun class next year! Going to have to make it to more races.

Back