Bad news of novarossi Italia

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill,
I agree. Most of us that love nitro will run whatever we can get our hands on to race. Being an outboarder, we were already doing that buy purchasing older engines and parts anywhere we could find them, until Novarossi agreed to start building outboard engines. I am still hopeful Nova will reopen, or if financially no longer feasible, someone else will carry the line. Time will tell.
Ron, i most certainly hope for the same!

My Nova Rossi outboards are the best engines I have ever owned. I hope that this all has a good outcome. Will I run what ever I can get? Yes, most of us would rather than stop running outboards but I can not imagine that there will ever be an out of the box engine that can match my Nova Rossi engines. It's just the truth. I am optimistic that they will come back and build these engines again. Thanks Ron for all you have done for our sport.
-Carl,

My Nova Rossi outboards are the best engines I have ever owned. I hope that this all has a good outcome. Will I run what ever I can get? Yes, most of us would rather than stop running outboards but I can not imagine that there will ever be an out of the box engine that can match my Nova Rossi engines. It's just the truth. I am optimistic that they will come back and build these engines again. Thanks Ron for all you have done for our sport.
-Carl,
Thank you Carl. I have really enjoyed carrying the line and working with customers and Novarossi to make them even better. I am hopeful as well that they are able to figure something out and that I hear from them soon with a plan of action. I hope you and Ruth are doing well!!

For what its worth, I just ordered a new .46 inboard motor from Ron, no worries here........he has always treated me fair and square, and depending on what stock is left, I may buy another motor from him, regardless of whether or not NR is closing their doors.......

Proof or it did not happen...

I doubt any Marine Novarossi dealer would have done that intentionally.

Kris,
You are absolutely right......Nobody is going to burn their own business down intentionally....
I don't particularly agree with the way the problem is being handled but time will solve that....
Well , I personally believe it is pretty obvious that there are some real problems at Novarossi......
There is just to much info coming from too many sources for this to be poo pooed and ignored.......
I believe the Novarossi.it contact email being shut down speaks volumes and the Novarossi owners cannot be not looking at their own Facebook page....
Why hasn't Novarossi come to the defense of all the posted info on their closing?.....Doesn't that seem to be a bit strange to you????
I tend to believe if it walks like a duck , flies , swims and craps like a duck it is a dam duck....I may be wrong but common sense tells me I don't think I am wrong...and if I am I will publicly apologize to the RC nitro community....but......
Maybe there is some sort of secret negotiations going on that we are not privy to , and I hope their are ,but if not what do we do?
Now that is the next obvious question to ask......This appears to be a big hit..........especially in outboards......
If it is confirmed that Novarossi is no longer a viable source what does the Novarossi user do now? What do outboarders do?
Plan for the future and gather parts ?..... Change to another motor?.... The only thing left is O.S.......
I believe it is time for the RC nitro outboard world become pro-active and consider to attempt to taking charge of own future.....
I mentioned earlier I had authored another "FOOD FOR THOUGHT POST" and maybe now is a good time to release it for all to just read and consider.....
This post "IS NOT A PROPOSAL" it is just an attempt to get people involved and thinking about the future of RC Nitro outboarding.....
When and if I post this it will be in the General RC Boating Forum.....I am going to read it again and see if there are any changes I want to make.....
Probably the smartest thing for me to do would be to start drinking but I have never been accused of being very bright.....
I no longer really have a dog in this fight but I do believe RC nitro boating needs a different approach for it to survive...
Nitro has been very very good to me and I owe it that....
Rod Geraghty

When, I opened the post concerning the closure of novarossi, it was to know if you also in the USA were aware, the friend who communicated the information to me is the official dealer for France of CMB engines since he always knows Mauro and Elisabetta Braghiéri very well, I've been using CMB and Novarossi engines for a very long time and they have given me complete satisfaction

When, I opened the post concerning the closure of novarossi, it was to know if you also in the USA were aware, the friend who communicated the information to me is the official dealer for France of CMB engines since he always knows Mauro and Elisabetta Braghiéri very well, I've been using CMB and Novarossi engines for a very long time and they have given me complete satisfaction
Thanks Gilbert for your feedback as well. Unfortunately on social media some take it to the extreme sometimes. We still do not know for sure so I’m still waiting for official news. Until then I have hopes that either Ms Rossi or someone she knows or can pass the Novarossi line to, can re-open Novarossi one day soon. Thank you.

I have one thing for you all to think about. How many other engine manufacturer do you know that has GIVEN AWAY as many engines as Ron has during the short time that he has had the Nova Rossi Dealership? He gave one to the winner of every outboard class at the Huntsville InterNats and countless others at local races that support outboards such as SOWEGA.

He is and has been very generous to our sport and had a voice at Nova Rossi that got us engines that were not available anywhere else. He has no control over this situation and if Nova Rossi has backed out of production it will be a HUGE loss for all of us and I surly hope that this is not the case but 2020 has shook the proverbial manufacturing bag for eight months now and some have fallen out and things may never be the same.

It bothers me to see someone who has given so much to our hobby being treated like this.
-Carl

Last edited:
I have one thing for you all to think about. How many other engine manufacturer do you know that has GIVEN AWAY as many engines as Ron has during the short time that he has had the Nova Rossi Dealership? He gave one to the winner of every outboard class at the Huntsville InterNats and countless others at local races that support outboards such as SOWEGA.

He is and has been very generous to our sport and had a voice at Nova Rossi that got us engines that were not available anywhere else. He has no control over this situation and if Nova Rossi has backed out of production it will be a HUGE loss for all of us and I surly hope that this is not the case but 2020 has shook the proverbial manufacturing bag for eight months now and some have fallen out and things may never be the same.

It bothers me to see someone who has given so much to our hobby being treated like this.
-Carl

Carl,
I really appreciate the note. Typical social media route. There are always those out there that like to trample on people when they think someone has fallen. Will never change. I appreciate you as a friend first and foremost, but also appreciate that you have recognized the efforts put forth by Novarossi Marine USA and Novarossi IT to try to help this hobby. I was fortunate to have a day job, so I was able to include selling Nova engines and parts as a part of my hobby and not as a business. This enabled me to support our National Organizations, regional and local races with race support and free engines and apparel, as well as replace non-warranty parts at little to no charge to boaters when I could to help keep the hobby going. If Novarossi doesnt reopen or if someone does not step up, we all lose as I enjoy racing in this hobby as much as anyone. Time will tell buddy. Until then I will keep it going as long as I can. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Very sad news, the car market must have taken a big hit the last few years.
Hopefully they can turn things around.

The "limited basis" does this imply to certain people being privy to getting them or are you saying that they may be produced in small batches at a time and could be periodically hard to get?

Last edited:
Back