Bad news of novarossi Italia

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Italy was one of the first countries to get nailed by COVID. Lots of people got temporarily laid off. My wife is now back at work part time. I found out this morning that COVID is now residing next door to me. So NR may have shut down for now, but they own lots of very expensive machines that you just don't liquidate in a month. I'm going to think positive that the right people are still healthy and that they're making the best choice for their employees. NR has a big share of the car/buggy market and I just can't see that evaporating. Stay calm and remember that COVID is going to keep life screwed up for a long time. Can't wait for normal, but I also think it's going to take a couple of years before I hop on an airplane. And yeah, I believe lots of people think COVID already over with, so no need to post about that. Best wishes for NR's comeback.

Italy was one of the first countries to get nailed by COVID. Lots of people got temporarily laid off. My wife is now back at work part time. I found out this morning that COVID is now residing next door to me. So NR may have shut down for now, but they own lots of very expensive machines that you just don't liquidate in a month. I'm going to think positive that the right people are still healthy and that they're making the best choice for their employees. NR has a big share of the car/buggy market and I just can't see that evaporating. Stay calm and remember that COVID is going to keep life screwed up for a long time. Can't wait for normal, but I also think it's going to take a couple of years before I hop on an airplane. And yeah, I believe lots of people think COVID already over with, so no need to post about that. Best wishes for NR's comeback.
Great points Grayson. Italy was hit early and hit hard for sure. Also the EU operates differently when it comes to non-essential businesses and when they can open, as they also carry liability for their employees if they reopen one a employee gets COVID, even though there is no way to prove where it was contracted. That would be a huge hit on any small business. I have my fingers crossed they reopen soon.

I am very hopeful that Nova Rossi returns because as you know I am fairly vested in this hobby and am currently in the middle of a huge project that is directly affected by the availability of new outboard engines. That project is my new 7.5/11cc lower units.

I briefly posted a little bit about this in the 3d printer section and have not kept people updated but that project is well under way and will be greatly effected by the possibility that when they are ready for sale that there may not be new powerheads available for them. I am too deep into this to turn back now. I guess I will continue and just hope that either Nova Rossi or someone will step up to this void and provide power heads for outboards. If new engines are not available soon it will certainly begin to deflect new boaters away from nitro outboards and we do not need that.

We don't want to have to tell a new boater that they need to get on ebay and buy enough used stuff to build an outboard engine.

I have too many irons in the fire to build a conversion kit but if we don't have a 7.5cc outboard by the end of this years I will have to build a conversion kit in order to sell my lower units and other tunnel boat related products.

Ron.
I personally hope that all this TALK about the possible closure of NOVAROSSI turns out to be just that, TALK. I have run outboards for 40 + years, I've run K&B, CMB, Rossi, and NOVAROSSI. NOVAROSSI is by far the best outboard I've ever bolted to the transom of my boats, the quality, craftsmanship, and horsepower are second to none. If the the talk is true, it will be a huge loss to our sport/hobby, and i believe it will damage the Nitro discipline permanently.
Jimmy Johnson

Ron.
I personally hope that all this TALK about the possible closure of NOVAROSSI turns out to be just that, TALK. I have run outboards for 40 + years, I've run K&B, CMB, Rossi, and NOVAROSSI. NOVAROSSI is by far the best outboard I've ever bolted to the transom of my boats, the quality, craftsmanship, and horsepower are second to none. If the the talk is true, it will be a huge loss to our sport/hobby, and i believe it will damage the Nitro discipline permanently.
Jimmy Johnson

Jimmy,
I appreciate your feedback and kind words. Yes I do feel we are fortunate to have Novarossi and I am hopeful they figure things out and are able to reopen when all of this is over. I get emails and calls everyday supporting what Novarossi Italy and Novarossi Marine USA have done to bring true out-of-the-box winning engines to our hobby. In the meantime I am sourcing engines and parts from partners around the world I have worked with over the years to share parts and engines when one of us were in need of fast delivery. I will keep pressing on until either Nova reopens full speed ahead or details a different plan to keep the brand alive. Thanks.

Back