Backlash Painting Complete

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
So I was able to get the clear coat (Spraymax 2k Glamour) applied this week. I set up my EZ-Up canopy with walls which attach with zippers and Velcro. It REALLY helped with the wind. ( Bugs too until evening where I got a couple that I had to get out with some tape carefully probed around until the bug stuck to it) I have to say that I’m pretty happy with the Rustoleum 2x and Spraymax 2k combo. There is some orange peel if you look real close, and a couple smudges toward the rear from when I was flipping the boat over before it was ready. I’ll fix those at some point, but for now, it’s getting wet after I get the radio installed and the hardware bolted up. I also found that the carbon fiber vinyl style pinstriping has gone all black with the clear on it. Not super pleased about that but still looks nice. 43F88AD6-5F11-4B21-AB6F-96D87E89EAB4.jpegEF21D742-47E4-433E-A7BF-AEA3795E980F.jpeg9BEF488B-9EFD-4C58-84B6-9414C807BFC2.jpegE38CB8B0-39A0-45C3-AB2B-12084C18377B.jpeg182E9AD1-E8F5-495B-8FF6-B5BBF2BE8C1F.jpeg

Awesome looking boat. I like the little point you built into the deck from the back sponson to the tub. Nice clean paint job & not a lot of clutter. Very pleasing to the eye.

Thanks a lot Steve. By the way that point is designed into the Gen. 3 Backlash. It kinda looks like a bat wing. You could probably get pretty creative on a paint job on this thing if you had the artistic talent which I don’t.

MAN!!!, I cant wait to get a boat in the water.
That is a Clean lookin Racer Rich.
Thanks Chuck. Destroyed my turn fin on a branch in the middle of the lake about 3 weeks ago and have struggled keeping it on the water since. I’ve lost count of the blow overs. But I got a fin from Bob English and now it is staying put. Last 2-3 runs were good on Sunday but now the motor is surging, so I’m in the process of rebuilding the carb. Always something as they say. I got spoiled for a while last year when it just went out and ran until it was out of gas.

Back