Anyone still running Castor oil?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Nova Rossi motors are making power and heat like we haven't seen and with only synthetic oil we are hurting them. We have started adding castor (BeNOL) and the problems have gone away. As I understand it, Torco is now putting castor in their fuel.
Yes sir. After a few conversations with Larry @ Torco I was able to persuade them into adding 2% castor oil to the mix. Other then leaving behind a brown residue it appears to be right on par with there pre-castor fuel.

The new Nova Rossi motors are making power and heat like we haven't seen and with only synthetic oil we are hurting them. We have started adding castor (BeNOL) and the problems have gone away. As I understand it, Torco is now putting castor in their fuel.
Yes sir. After a few conversations with Larry @ Torco I was able to persuade them into adding 2% castor oil to the mix. Other then leaving behind a brown residue it appears to be right on par with there pre-castor fuel.
Now that Torco has castor in it, I may have to try it when my inventory is burnt up. Thanks Rodney!

Hey TK,I do not run castor. I run Grim Racer Aquacraft 50 percent the way it comes out of the bottle. No bearing,galling problems what so ever. It's fast and easy on plugs.Been running it for 3 years now.
Grim fuel has a lot more % in it than any other synthetic fuell, 18%. Most others are like 9%-11%.

Nothing like launching a big rigger that has castor oil in the fuel.When you get it launched your hands are full of gorilla snot from the fuel.You have to have a rag to wipe it off your hands.Stuff sticks im a firm believer being on a low budget I have run my engines past there normal life.My engines have held together well.We run this oil in are dirt bikes had one go into the drink and just stuck a ring good stuff.Maxima Castor 927

http://www.maximausa.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13

Nothing like launching a big rigger that has castor oil in the fuel.When you get it launched your hands are full of gorilla snot from the fuel.You have to have a rag to wipe it off your hands.Stuff sticks im a firm believer being on a low budget I have run my engines past there normal life.My engines have held together well.We run this oil in are dirt bikes had one go into the drink and just stuck a ring good stuff.Maxima Castor 927

http://www.maximausa.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13
States on that page to be cautious because..... Separation may also occur in alcohol containing a high percentage of nitromethane.

Terry

I just tore my 91 VAC's down for winter storage and they were both like new inside.

I'm not sure exactly how much fuel I ran through them this year but they have been run hard.

I'm running good old RedMax stock blend 18%, nothing special.

Are you sure your not trying to run them to hot?

Tim

my comments to this yes always as its got an important job to do that water alone wont do internally , you would be a fool not to use castor oils.

Terry

I just tore my 91 VAC's down for winter storage and they were both like new inside.

I'm not sure exactly how much fuel I ran through them this year but they have been run hard.

Tim

Pretty sure Red Max has some castor, no? Did you get it from Mike H?

Thought of that, I know I have to be careful to adjust the flow as I start to lean the needle down.

Not convinced 100% yet but think the castor is helping. I guess the answer to my orignal question has been answered! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No caster in Odonnell fuel or our own blend Grimracer.

Grimracer fuel is 23% pure syn. No castor.

Grim

lower ex gas temp.

What are the negatives of adding even a small percentage of castor oil? Are there any?
lower ex gas temp.
OK, two questions;

1 - is lower EGT a negative, and

2, do you have any data / info I can refer to that supports that it is in fact lower due to adding castor? I've heard guys on here claim coupler life improved when they went to pure synthetic.

Terry

Tim

Pretty sure Red Max has some castor, no? Did you get it from Mike H?

Thought of that, I know I have to be careful to adjust the flow as I start to lean the needle down.

Not convinced 100% yet but think the castor is helping. I guess the answer to my orignal question has been answered! :)

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's 18% syn , no castor.

lower ex gas temp.

What are the negatives of adding even a small percentage of castor oil? Are there any?
lower ex gas temp.
OK, two questions;

1 - is lower EGT a negative, and

2, do you have any data / info I can refer to that supports that it is in fact lower due to adding castor? I've heard guys on here claim coupler life improved when they went to pure synthetic.
It changes the tune on the eng if you are pushing the limits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back