Anyone build a slingshot with Rear exhaust gas engine?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhomodel

This winter's build will be a slingshot I have over a year, but only recently have decided for a rear exhaust engine. Anyone any pictures of such an article for inspiration?

This was a pre slingshot, but basically the same boat with the older front sponsons. The tub has to be a little wider to have room for the ignition.

Last edited:
Nice running boat Troy. I actually meant a real example of a slingshot: I've seen many a rigger with rear exhaust, but was just wondering how folks are redoing the carb area of the hood. This motor will fit either 4 or 5 inch as it doesn't have a coil mounted sideways: the primary coil is a cross engine type one (round tub with small ignition-flywheel)., so the rest can be kept stock..

That tub is exactly the same as today's slingshots. I made a mold back then for a cowling with no side shield. Do you have a clearance problem for your carb with the slingshot cowl? I used an rcmk bottom with an M&D cast cylinder turned 90 deg. I had no issues with clearance. What engine are you going to use? Unfortunately I don't have any pics without the cowl. It looks like i moved the motor back about an inch in these pics.

Attachments

• 20131026_214717358_iOS.jpg
    20131026_214717358_iOS.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
  • 20131026_214728426_iOS.jpg
    20131026_214728426_iOS.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
Several years ago I built this Gunder rigger with a rear exhaust M&D cast engine, made a cowl plug/mold loosely based on the .21 Blackjack that I had . Then I built a slingshot with a Zen but used my old RE cowl. Great boat to build and run

finished-1.jpg Plug1.jpg Finished (2).jpgFinished (3).jpg

Ok so I will work on the cowl that came with the kit and just chop of the side part as the carby will be at the front of boat, not side. Alternatively let me think of some sort of other cowl that will do the nice lines of the boat justice..

Back