Any New York racing?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike lasorsa

Is there any boat racing or lakes in dutchess county to upstate New York ? Getting tired of getting kicked out of park lakes

https://www.namba-1.com/ Check out this site for some info. Might want to contact someone from that district for help as well. There is some lake sites listed but not sure what the use permission is require.
Mike

Currently we do not have a lake downstate area ny..the one we were using in long Island is being restored and we hope to have it back next year..we race two locations in New Jersey saffin pond and horseshoe lake, one in pa called magnolia lake in Bristol. If you go to Www.namba-1.com there's more info on directions of these locations. If u getting kicked out without getting a ticket u are lucky. Try going fo your parks dept and getting a permit for use of a site. Since 9/11 there has been a classification called critical infrastructure...a lot of these bodies of water/ parks have been under that and it has caused the shut down of boating flying any drones planes basically any rc use in parks...local and state....it's bad in nj.the conservationists have their hand in that as well saying we disturb the environment with noise pollution. So the lakes we use we had for years but getting new ones is a huge fight...doesn't seem like we have a chance...the only other option I was told is to find a private land owner and see if I could have them agree to use their spot...but the catch is u have to present yourself as a club not an individual. U can talk with the guys in Elmira NY. Pete forcier it's a imbpa club. It might be a drive away but they have 2 day racing throughout the year...u could get your boating fix like that...I've done that....you also have to realize you will have to travel to race. If there's nothing close by u have to start it up....if u build it they will come. Those suggestions might be a haul but look into namba dist 11 they are closer to you.

Last edited:
Currently we do not have a lake downstate area ny..the one we were using in long Island is being restored and we hope to have it back next year..we race two locations in New Jersey saffin pond and horseshoe lake, one in pa called magnolia lake in Bristol. If you go to Www.namba-1.com there's more info on directions of these locations. If u getting kicked out without getting a ticket u are lucky. Try going fo your parks dept and getting a permit for use of a site. Since 9/11 there has been a classification called critical infrastructure...a lot of these bodies of water/ parks have been under that and it has caused the shut down of boating flying any drones planes basically any rc use in parks...local and state....it's bad in nj.the conservationists have their hand in that as well saying we disturb the environment with noise pollution. So the lakes we use we had for years but getting new ones is a huge fight...doesn't seem like we have a chance...the only other option I was told is to find a private land owner and see if I could have them agree to use their spot...but the catch is u have to present yourself as a club not an individual. U can talk with the guys in Elmira NY. Pete forcier it's a imbpa club. It might be a drive away but they have 2 day racing throughout the year...u could get your boating fix like that...I've done that....you also have to realize you will have to travel to race. If there's nothing close by u have to start it up....if u build it they will come. Those suggestions might be a haul but look into namba dist 11 they are closer to you.
Great thank you for the help!!!

The one in jerrfeson township nj is only 90 min from me. How would I go about testing my boats At this location? I also never raced is there any info on how the racing works/rules/classes ect

That would be saffin pond...our webmaster is also the club president there...you would have to join that club..Morris County roostertails to have access to the pond. It's a namba legal pond and we race there twice a year. Race schedules and dist 1 rules are at our site..www.namba-1.com. u need to join namba and get familiar with the rule book...it will go a long way. U will understand the difference between yhe local dist rules and classes we run vs the national rules and classes offered at those events

That would be saffin pond...our webmaster is also the club president there...you would have to join that club..Morris County roostertails to have access to the pond. It's a namba legal pond and we race there twice a year. Race schedules and dist 1 rules are at our site..www.namba-1.com. u need to join namba and get familiar with the rule book...it will go a long way. U will understand the difference between yhe local dist rules and classes we run vs the national rules and classes offered at those events
Great thank you. I just sent them a email on how to join the clubs

I emailed the president of the Morris county rooster tails and another person a few days ago no one got back to me

did you get him? we back at it...look into coming down to the Oct 2 race in roxbury Nj. you will get to meet all the racers and see some good racing that day

Back