Another NICE day at the pond

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too smooth lol

Nice "Carbon cooper" pipe...I know I am getting keen for the battles to come

I had a few people call and some wrote me about the noise level of my 3.5 tunnel in SOWEGA. I thought about it and they were right it really was loud so I decided that I should see what could be done about that. I built this scratch built pipe and I used the can muffler design to deal with the noise because it makes the most sense to me from a sound / performance stand point. As you would expect the volume and shape of this pipe, it is tuned to the Nova Rossi 3.5cc.

Now my engine is as quite as a O/S muffled engine and after some work with the chamber variables it is back to the speed it was before when it was so loud. Talley says it is faster... he may be right?? But to the SOWEGA guys, I responded to your noise request and now my engine will be quieter than any mod 3.5cc at your race.

This pipe proves that a lot of noise does not equate to a lot of performance.

Thanks to Terry Keeley, K-Zam Porter & Pokie for tips that helped round out the performance of this project.

-Carl

Last edited:
Back