Another Max Cat build

Help Support intlwaters.com:

RobertDoak

Supporting Member
Balsa would be a better choice or even insulation foam....that pine will be mighty heavy

Vince Fantauzzi

Balsa would be a better choice or even insulation foam....that pine will be mighty heavy
Ya, balsa is too soft and I would have to glass it with a couple layers of weave, same with styrofoam, and also glassing compound curves is a pain. I have a wide array of carving dremel bits, and I'm on my way to have this shell weighing well under 8 oz. 🤞

RobertDoak

Supporting Member
Ok...dont forget to update with pics....im impressed with the build progress...looks great..

RobertDoak

Supporting Member
Vince...
The Max cat is coming along nice and the cowl is spot on...

RobertDoak

Supporting Member
Vince...looking real good...i cant wait to see this hit the water...

RobertDoak

Supporting Member
That is a good looking boat...and I'm starting to like the extended sponson past the transom..looking forward to more progress.

Vince Fantauzzi

The whole hull has been sealed with two parts epoxy inside and out, most of it sanded down to 300 grit. Will go up to 400 grit, then prime and see what surface flaws need tended to. I was worried about weight using mostly1/8" luan, but so far it weighs around 7lbs including the radio box. So I think it'll be ok.

Vince

Attachments

RobertDoak

Supporting Member
Thats a good looking boat....going stock 26cc or something bigger

Vince Fantauzzi

Thats a good looking boat....going stock 26cc or something bigger
Ty...I'm planning on a stock 26, which I don't have yet. So if something a little bigger, but with the same footprint catches my eye, I might consider it. I have a few months before this thing hits the water, anyway.😉

RobertDoak

Supporting Member
Hello Vince and Happy New Year....how is the Cat coming along..

RobertDoak

Supporting Member
Good heavens....that turned out beautiful....i cant wait for the warm weather to see it run.
Well done Vince...👍👍

Vince Fantauzzi

Good heavens....that turned out beautiful....i cant wait for the warm weather to see it run.
Well done Vince...👍👍
Thank you Robert...ya, according to our local groundhog we should be getting an early spring, so this baby will be hitting the water pretty soon. Still waiting on drive shaft, prop and decals before I can complete it.

Latest posts