Andy Brown CNC props coming back.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tom! I have a 45mm and 47mm with about the same pitch as the 5083/3. They will also have potential on the 21 riggers.

Thanks Tom! I have a 45mm and 47mm with about the same pitch as the 5083/3. They will also have potential on the 21 riggers.
The ones we have are 50mm and they both have different pitches but there is really no visable or mph change between them.

You mentioned propsfor gas scale and T-Boat. My gas scale will be running an RCMK full mod K30. What props would you make for it and also my T-Boat.?

Rick

You mentioned propsfor gas scale and T-Boat. My gas scale will be running an RCMK full mod K30. What props would you make for it and also my T-Boat.?

Rick
Rick, With the Modded K30 you should pull the 6720/3 well. We will make the mold for that prop in about 5 - 6weeks.

I ran the 6545/3 on the Gas SGX today. Ran back to back with a 2167/3 cupped 6.7". The 6545/3 also has 6.7" on the T.E.

Picked up 3 mph @17,500 (76mph vs. 79mph) and the engine pulled the 6545/3 just as easily as the 2167/3. The prop handled perfectly on the boat.

The boat could have run faster with both props but I used a conservative pipe and needle setting to help get consistance test results.

Will test on a single 101 SGX next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick, With the Modded K30 you should pull the 6720/3 well. We will make the mold for that prop in about 5 - 6weeks.

Andy

Thanks for the reply. Please put me on the list for one of the 6720/3 when ready.

Thanks

Rick

Rick

I ran the 6545/3 on the Gas SGX today. Ran back to back with a 2167/3 cupped 6.7". The 6545/3 also has 6.7" on the T.E.

Picked up 3 mph @17,500 (76mph vs. 79mph) and the engine pulled the 6545/3 just as easily as the 2167/3. The prop handled perfectly on the boat.

The boat could have run faster with both props but I used a conservative pipe and needle setting to help get consistance test results.

Will test on a single 101 SGX next.
The 6545/3 worked well on 101 powered SGX. The boat handled the same as it did with the H-50 that is normally used on the boat without changing the strut. The engine pulled it well and there was a speed increase of 2 mph. Testing time was short and we only made one short run with each prop.

I have beat the blades hard with a QuickDraw 30.5cc and they are still straight. This is a boat that has bent a couple of BeCu props in the short time I have been running it.

80 mph so far, with the longest pipe setting. More to go!

I just posted a youtube of the first test run with the 6545/3 on a gas SGX. Blew the tail out sevral times. A strut adjustment smoothed it out for later runs.

Check it out here:

Have video of the first test run with the Tiger King 27 running the same prop. Will upload it later.

Thanks Len! One of the last CNC programs I wrote was for an 1/8 scale prop. I will have to look and see if I actually made one that I can use as a parttern.
Hi Andy,

What would be the specs of such a prop ? Looking for props for my 1/8 FE scale.

Mathieu

Thanks Len! One of the last CNC programs I wrote was for an 1/8 scale prop. I will have to look and see if I actually made one that I can use as a parttern.
Hi Andy,

Mathieu
Hi Mathieu,

I think the 1/8 electric uses a little different prop than the nitro. I don't know exactly what is best. Do you know what is normally recommended for Electric 1/8th?

Hi Andy,

Mathieu
Hi Mathieu,

I think the 1/8 electric uses a little different prop than the nitro. I don't know exactly what is best. Do you know what is normally recommended for Electric 1/8th?
I'm certainly not the best person to give advices about props, but the detounged X455/3 seems to be a popular prop for FE 1/8 scale.

Mathieu

I am running a 1527 1.5 with a de tongued x452/3 so far so good with heat I started with a x450/3 and worked up x455 seems as thought it may be a bit to much but I am still learning so I am all ears. Jerry BTW boat is a ML 8255 great boat and runs just as good. Jerry

Hey Andy which one of those bad chickens will fit my AC hydro with a quick draw 26 I'm currently running a 2770 and works pretty good and a modded 6717 works on doesn't quite seam to put enough load on the motor. Charlie
Charles, the 6720/3 will be a bit more than the 6717. The 7025/3 will be a step above that.
Hey Andy any Idea of finish time might be also any H-38s in stock. I need 2 please . later Charles

Hey Andy which one of those bad chickens will fit my AC hydro with a quick draw 26 I'm currently running a 2770 and works pretty good and a modded 6717 works on doesn't quite seam to put enough load on the motor. Charlie
Charles, the 6720/3 will be a bit more than the 6717. The 7025/3 will be a step above that.
Andy any idea when I could get both of these props thanks Charlie

ha! Andy,i remember when you "didnt have much love" for 3 blade props. i guess you had to make 1 right yourself. [thinner,less blade area,better pitch ratios and rake? ]

Back