Aluminum rigger more done

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, it looks like you have about a 3/32” -1/8” radius on your rear sponson corners where you bent the aluminum. This will be massive drag. Rough the paint and use some evercoat glazing putty and a sanding block to make the corners very sharp. Looks like good workmanship but wanted to point this out as it will hurt performance. Jeff Lutz

John, you did a fantastic job, only small complaint, the strut support bracket seems a little thin to me

Super nice job!!! Hate to be the guy that stalls or gets washed out on the corse there will be only one serving that hit. lol Will it float it you Loose a sponson? What’s it weight?

Awesome craftsmanship John. Keeping in mind I know nothing about riggers are the nylon engine mount screws common? Will it hold the motor in the boat if it gets hit? I had a dead boat get hit one time and it sheared the rubber motor mount isolators and when I got to it the motor was dangling over the side in the vent behind the canard and the only thing holding the motor from going to the bottom was the throttle linkage.

Latest posts

Back