Alpha Series Jaguar 3 Build (20 Size)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll put my two cents in here Mike, I know you've got a lot of experience modeling. I would not run that pack, the reason I say that is I ran that exact pack on my 40 boat with Futaba Digitals similar to what you have, and had major brown out issues, burned up 3 sets of servos and 2 receivers before I figured it out. If you're using a 4PX with telemetry, load the rudder servo and watch the RX voltage on the transmitter, it'll drop of rapidly. Lifesource makes an 1100mah, 10C, I think that would be a better choice. The 1300 max discharge amperage is only 1.3 amp, not enough to support digitals. I run the BLS671 on the Throttle & Mixture, BLS175 on the Rudder.

Last edited by a moderator:
hum.. I have used them in lots of boats as well as helis.. BUT.. I am never to stuborn to listen.... (Flew them this weekend in my EC-145 and MD369)

I will test... thank you!

Grim

well.. I owe you a beer..

I have not had any issues but I have no intent to take it any further.

The 13s are gone!

Thank you

Grim

No.. thank you! and thanks for the nice words.

Its a fun build. Bob builds a great boat.. I am looking forward to this summer.

Grim

I'll put my two cents in here Mike, I know you've got a lot of experience modeling. I would not run that pack, the reason I say that is I ran that exact pack on my 40 boat with Futaba Digitals similar to what you have, and had major brown out issues, burned up 3 sets of servos and 2 receivers before I figured it out. If you're using a 4PX with telemetry, load the rudder servo and watch the RX voltage on the transmitter, it'll drop of rapidly. Lifesource makes an 1100mah, 10C, I think that would be a better choice. The 1300 max discharge amperage is only 1.3 amp, not enough to support digitals. I run the BLS671 on the Throttle & Mixture, BLS175 on the Rudder.

hum.. I have used them in lots of boats as well as helis.. BUT.. I am never to stuborn to listen.... (Flew them this weekend in my EC-145 and MD369)

I will test... thank you!

Grim

well.. I owe you a beer..

I have not had any issues but I have no intent to take it any further.

The 13s are gone!

Thank you

Grim

Glad you caught it Mike, cost me a lot of aggravation. Thank you for taking the time to listen. Great build btw!

I have zero experience with brushless servos, but I wonder if one of these would help avoid issues.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFCVB&P=SM

I really love the progress on telemetry directly back to the radio, but it's all realtime. If it was logged (and plotted) we could see the voltage curve across the time of a heat. That's the data we need to see.

Hum.. not a bad idea..

One thing.. I have NEVER had any issues nore has any of the locals using this pack.

Even with high zoot servos I have never had any problems.. STILL. and the end of the day.. for the money.. I will just change them out.

In testing I have never browned out the RX.. the pack data is just not up to what I want.

Grim

Glad you caught it Mike, cost me a lot of aggravation. Thank you for taking the time to listen. Great build btw!
I remember a conversation we had a while back on this very subject.
default_smile.png

Making good progress on the boat. My Buddy Big has got a few of the parts and doing some epoxy work for me. He will be gluing in the stuffing tube and making a few glue adjustments to seams (I am a stickler for sealed wood work).

We have a good plan for tube drilling setup. Years ago I made a tube drilling jig for a different boat. I will be turning a set of spacers for the smaller tube OD and using this to drill the tubes. The kit supplies you with a carbon fiber drill jig and its nice.. the jig I have has the same bolt spacing (2") so away we go. The jig I have has hardened steel blocks.

Pics soon

Grim

Thanks buddy.. I need to get past the 518 NATS and get back on it.. to much prep going on over the last few months.

Grim

Put the stick radio down and come back, and for the love of Jesus where is that Pea Shooter LOL

Latest posts

Back