Alpha Series Jaguar 3 Build (20 Size)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya mean this little stinker....

Yep.. thats the Pea Shooter.. OS motor and Futaba Guided.

LOL

Now. what.. 10 years in the making...lol

Grim

20170724_201235_resized.jpg

Jag has first coat of primer.. and the tub scraped and sanded.

I have no idea why this is taking so long.. I have lost my motivation now that I can not be around epoxy.. the whole boat building deal SUCKS!

HEED ALL WARNINGS ON EPOXY or risk &^^%$$ up your hobby.

that is all

Grim

nope.. just epoxy..

even JB weld.. can not be around any of it.. Polymides are the Devil! (Zpoxy Finshing Epoxy)... But.. It was West Systems that got me..

SO.. AGAIN.. just be careful all..

That reminds me.. i need to replace my 21 mono from Seaducer.. I should just get the darn thing ordered.. but this whole deal has me liking Helicopters more and more.. (I can build a scale helicopter without ONE DROP of epoxy)..

Never the less we will get the Jag on the water one way or the other.. My racing buddy Big B has been a great help with this...

Grim

nope.. just epoxy..

even JB weld.. can not be around any of it.. Polymides are the Devil! (Zpoxy Finshing Epoxy)... But.. It was West Systems that got me..

SO.. AGAIN.. just be careful all..

That reminds me.. i need to replace my 21 mono from Seaducer.. I should just get the darn thing ordered.. but this whole deal has me liking Helicopters more and more.. (I can build a scale helicopter without ONE DROP of epoxy)..

Never the less we will get the Jag on the water one way or the other.. My racing buddy Big B has been a great help with this...

Grim
Mike,
Was it from contact with your skin or was it from the fumes?

Mike,
For our education can you tell us if you are abnormally more sensitive to epoxy, or are we in general in harms way. I have worked with composites for 40+ years and so far no real issues and I know I should have used a respirator more often but you have a small project and fudge safety too often.
Hope all is well with you and your family in these crazy times.
Mic

Thanks for asking
Mike,
For our education can you tell us if you are abnormally more sensitive to epoxy, or are we in general in harms way. I have worked with composites for 40+ years and so far no real issues and I know I should have used a respirator more often but you have a small project and fudge safety too often.
Hope all is well with you and your family in these crazy times.
Mic

Boss, from what I know I had no reason to believe that i was more susceptible to this than any other. My use was "often" maybe even 4 or 5 or so times a week... from larger layups to small dabs for a repair.

Along with Mic's questions, could you please share your symptoms/reactions to epoxy exposure

Rick, when it started to happen I was getting fidgety. Then i would lay down and would wake up in the morning and have to roll out of bed.. my back chest very sore.. I thought it was gym.. or a stretch I did or.. well.. I did not know.

Now.. my chest gets VERY sore.. I can breath OK but just SUPER sore.. epoxy now has the nastiest smell like a very burnt bagel. Its been about 6 years now that I have learned to keep away and have not been effected sense then. Of course as you can see no boat building has happen in that time either.

I have a fresh air vane system that I can put on (my space suit) but have to do the work outside AND wait 12 hours before I can be any place near it.. (24 is better) and in Wisconsin that means a nice summer day without a chance of rain. (gluing that little lug to that little thingey and having it spend the night out side) well.. you can see.. its just a pain in the ......................

Now.. as I understand it.. my sensitivity WILL NEVER GO AWAY.. and I aint about to test it..

Good luck all.. be careful is all..

Grim

Shinny Top.. no update.. I dont like the cowl I made so I will redo that at some point!

Grim

Back