Al Waters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew Al could talk his way out of that germ infested place! LOL
Best place to be “HOME”. Great news!

I don't post much out here but maybe I should considering the e-mails, phone calls, and texts that I have received from family, friends and model boaters who I do consider my friends. It has been amazing and I really do appreciate it. I won't get in to the mess to much this world has gotten in to as it is about politics, the health care system, and economics and the three need to work better than they have for us to survive this. That much I have learned since the pandemic began.
I got Covid-19 the Monday after Mother's Day. I went through the week thinking I had the flu and was riding it out. The following week I toughed it out and that did not work either. If you read actor Tom Hanks interview, I pretty much had the same symptoms that he did. I made the phone call to go get checked out not thinking that I might have Covid-19. After answering the Covid phone questions, they wanted me in emergency ASAP. I went in on May 19th. Spent my 70th birthday the next day with a bunch of nurses traveling in and out of my room checking on me. I was one stage shy of being on a ventilator and I do not have any underlying health issues. I discovered that I was the first person to be put on Remdesivir at this hospital. That was five days of IV. It was working. I was disscharged after 7 days. Getting through Covid-19 is one thing. Now I had to deal with pneumonia of the lungs. I have been on oxygen and using a spirometer to expand the lungs since then. Its the middle of July now and I have a pulmonologist appointment next week. It is to try and determine if I possibly have sleep apnea from the Covid or if it was a pre-existing condition.
I asked a lot of questions from where, to how, to you name it. The most common answer was that there was not enough data yet to support the findings.
All I can say is, do the right things and limit the possibility of the spread until it gets figured out.
And thank you very much for checking on me. It means a lot.

Al Waters

Glad to read that you're feeling better. You had many of us "concerned".
If you do have sleep apnea, it's doesn't have to be a life changer. I have friends that have been diagnosed with it, years ago, and they have still lived very active lives. The only change for them is they use C-PAPs when sleeping. Granted, there is the equipment upkeep but, other than that, they didn't really have to change anything since they've travelled all over the country, gone on cruises and who knows what all else since then.
Thanks for the update and hope to see you at a pond sometime in the future

Al, Thanks for the update. Hang in there my friend...you'll kick this thing. Perhaps next year will be a better boating year.

Back