Aeromarine Laminates

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertDoak

With great sadness and the best of my knowledge...i was informed that the once great leader in the model boat industry is closing until a new location is acuired...Aeromarine has put all there molds into storage...and claimed to be "moving" to a different location...im not 100% sure if this is a permanent condition....i believe the Hobbystop may remain open....i m not clear on that portion of there business....

Last edited:
With great sadness and the best of my knowledge...i was informed that the once great leader in the model boat industry has called it quits...Aeromarine has put all there molds into storage...and claimed to be "moving" to a different location...im not 100% sure if this is a permanent condition....i believe the Hobbystop may remain open....i m not clear on that portion of there business....
So if not 100% certain then why post this?

Hello Danny...
More info.....there are closed for business until a new location can be acquired...so if anyone needs Aeromarine products...it maybe a while.

With some sadness? :eek:

Sure, why not...... On a personal level, I dealt with the old man there back in the 80's and had

absolutely no issues getting product from them. Loved their catamarans!

However, called them about 3-4 yrs. back wanting to buy a couple of cats and everything

seemed so disorganized- couldn't give me a build date and the shipping charges were way

to costly.

They did have an excellent product, IMO.

Always bad news when we lose a leader in the rc world either for a short time till they find a new place or shut completely. Was looking hard at there 50 inch apache. Oh well. Now I need to find a mono or cat that will handle a 30 cc gas motor. Any suggestions. Any boat can run straight and fast but can it turn that's what I look for

Great news . I have had several of their boats and always thought the layups were neat and the boats light ! Best of good fortune to them moving forward . It takes a lot of cash to re locate and start over .
You know it all too well Foley , so far it looks like your surviving it okay- best of luck brother.
I always had a soft spot for at 43 SprintCat with a BB Nitro motor in it - fun boat to drive . :cool:

Always supplied quality products. Many years ago when first starting in rc boating I bought a 56” Cut down Apache from them and put a 35 cc QuickDraw in it. One of the most fun boats I have owned. Good to hear that they are coming back. Best of luck and wish them much success!

I just received word from Danny Weimer(rclifesupport) that Aeromarine Laminate will be back up and producing boats again...Troy will be the man producing the layups and they are awaiting there order of fiberglass supplies to start producing boats once again...

I just received word from Danny Weimer(rclifesupport) that Aeromarine Laminate will be back up and producing boats again...Troy will be the man producing the layups and they are awaiting there order of fiberglass supplies to start producing boats once again...

Think there may be a bit of a delay...follow Danny's Facebook page, 'RC Life'Support' for updates.

Troy had mentioned to me on the phone he had some work to do, cleaning up molds.

Troy, Remy Jr., and Danny are top notch people, from my perspective.

Back