aero marine 30 in sprint cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

would the 30 in am sprint cat , 3 3/4 lbs , be better suited for p class or q class oval racing , impba club ....thanks.....bob

I have run that hull with P/L motors and larger "P" motors. A 36X60 limited motor will stretch the cornering limits of the hull so for "oval" I would not go larger. A 36X84, 40X74-82 will give you a big "WEEE" factor in a straight line. As Tyler said a "Q" needs a larger hull.
Mic

is the 40x74-82 stronger and maybe faster than the36x84 ?....what is the better way to power steering servo ? off the main power cells or separate cell and if you use a separate cell is the running time longer ?.....thanks.....bob

I think you would be hard pressed to measure any difference in run time using a separate power source for steering.
A 36X84 depending on the brand is probably in between on power of a 40X74 and 40X82. Any of the above are more power than a 30" cat needs. The faster it goes the worse it will handle corners. Pick your poison. More power takes more battery. Speeds up and runtime down.
Mic

I have run that hull with P/L motors and larger "P" motors. A 36X60 limited motor will stretch the cornering limits of the hull so for "oval" I would not go larger. A 36X84, 40X74-82 will give you a big "WEEE" factor in a straight line. As Tyler said a "Q" needs a larger hull.
Mic
mic , what motor , speed control and batteries did you use for your 30 in sprint cat ? ....thanks.....bob

I have had really good results with a 3660-2050kv Leopard ($50) and a Flycolor 150 (OSE Raider $60) Esc. Add a cutdown m445 to 43mm or a 1714 ABC and your high 40's to low 50's. Very inexpensive and reliable, P/limited which is what your boat is, and that will compete well. (It is not a great full "P" hull.)
Start there and learn before you waste a lot of money on motors and esc's that will go faster but wind up in smoke. I use 2 - 4S 3000ma packs in parallel , one on each side of the motor moving them fore and aft to trim the boat. I like a short driveline and use ESC and batts to get balance. Once you have your set up then you can upgrade motor and esc later. If you power up to start with it will be much harder to find a good balance.
Mic

Latest posts

Back