About this 7.5 tunnel hull and make..info.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what this tunnel is or what the engine is. However, comparing it to new tunnel designs I would suspect it isn't going to be the fastest boat on the course. But, "fast" and "first" are not always the winning combination.

JD

Good ole’ Aerotech. Still a good hull, took home second place at last years Internats in the US-1 format.

Hey guys. That is a Aerotech SR-40 and it was made in 1985 and molded in 1986. The boat is very stable in windy conditions and sold well to racers that lived in windy areas and like clubs located in coastal areas and others places that had ponds without trees to help break the wind off the pond. It is not going to fair well against a properly trimmed Shaman, Warhead or Hornet that are on perfect water conditions but it will put consistent points on the board no matter what and has won people a lot of races because as we all know there is a lot of attrition and luck involved in any racing.

That boat is going to prefer a prop that has had some lift cut out of it. Ray Bowden has won many races with that boat. The advantage of the boat is not blazing speed but rather consistency. Don't be intimidated by faster boats. You won't be far off pace but on rough water you could be hanging it completely out when others can not. Get your set up as fast and reliable as you can on windy conditions and you will win races with that boat even against the fastest boats out there today.

Ask Ray how many races he has won with his Aerotech over the past 25 years.

Write me at [email protected] and I can help you further.

-Carl

Hey guys. That is a Aerotech SR-40 and it was made in 1985 and molded in 1986. The boat is very stable in windy conditions and sold well to racers that lived in windy areas and like clubs located in coastal areas and others places that had ponds without trees to help break the wind off the pond. It is not going to fair well against a properly trimmed Shaman, Warhead or Hornet that are on perfect water conditions but it will put consistent points on the board no matter what and has won people a lot of races because as we all know there is a lot of attrition and luck involved in any racing.

That boat is going to prefer a prop that has had some lift cut out of it. Ray Bowden has won many races with that boat. The advantage of the boat is not blazing speed but rather consistency. Don't be intimidated by faster boats. You won't be far off pace but on rough water you could be hanging it completely out when others can not. Get your set up as fast and reliable as you can on windy conditions and you will win races with that boat even against the fastest boats out there today.

Ask Ray how many races he has won with his Aerotech over the past 25 years.

Write me at [email protected] and I can help you further.

-Carl

One of the most important things to focus on with any hull! Great tip Carl.

Latest posts

Back