a better 3.5 k&b flex shaft?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:a better 3.5 k&b flex shaft?

Mark/Rich,

Sorry guys I lube the hell ot of the shaft. I treat it just ike the power head, flush the water out with my WD40 mix, lube and bag it for another days use.

chunk t

Re:a better 3.5 k&b flex shaft?

Chunk,

Contact Tim @ Precisionboatsracing.com. If he is out, I can help you.

Rick

Old post but people still read this. I find that when my propshaft gets worn out and sloppy it creates friction and or pushes against the thrust bearing, or sits crooked in the housing, and this binds, This puts the cable under more stress than it can handle (obviously)... I don't need a dyno to tell me that! I simply check my prop shafts often. I don't break shafts, I guess I'm lucky all the lower units I have owned over the past 30 years have been magic.

I also sand the sharp edges of the end flange in the lower unit that the teflon tube butts up against, this stops end cable breakage.

No, I pay attention to my prop shaft. I don't use oil and the only grease I use is Bullseye waterproof grease for BMX bikes, if I am out I use the Zip Kitt offering as it to me is identical to Bullseye. Anyways, I work the grease into the strands and wipe off the cable, leaving only a very little grease residue in between the strands. I usually only grease my cables once a summer. NO JOKE!!

The minute my prop shaft gets loose in the housing, I replace it. I don't re-bush it and make it tighter, I buy a new one. (I would rather spend 30 bucks every beginning of summer than 80 bucks over the summer). But that's just me.

Latest posts

Back