A/A Pro 21 Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
I finally received the pistons and sleeves from the new NOVA. The sleeves are not usable as they came. I will have them reworked in the USA, so with some extra expense, they will be fine.

The pistons will go into the recycle bin. They are not usable and not reclaimable.

I have ordered a supply of RSA 431 Super Alloy to have pistons made here in the USA as well.

I have also ordered a supply of pistons and sleeves made in Ukraine by my old friend Anatoly Karpov. This order will depend on what Putin does next in Ukraine.

So, there will be another delay.

We'll keep hanging in there and someday, I will have great news for everyone.

We aint going to give up on this Al.. count me in on one when the time comes!

Grim

Al look at the OS21M-05 Piston and sleeve.
I put the old MO3 piston and sleeve in a old MAC .21
Eric has that eng now.
It ran very good the last time I ran it.
Might be some thing to chew on a little......................................

dwilfong
Do you have a part no. for the OS21M-05 piston and sleeve and for the Mo3 piston and sleve

Thanks
Dave

Patience is a nice way of saying that I am stubborn.

The NOVA people have refused to correct the problems and will not return my payment. What could have been good business for them is now out of the question.

The critical part of a quality engine is the piston/sleeve. Basically, I have everything on hand I needfor the A/A 21 Pro kits other than quaity pistons and sleeves.

We will rework the sleeves locally and produce proper pistons locally as well.

In the meantime, I am hoping that my friends in Ukraine will send me a sample K21 engine within the next few months.

At this point, we will continue moving forward with a few new scars.

Well that just sucks since Al is one of the best people I know. For New Nova to take his money and produce a product that is unsellable is just wrong. That is the world we live in today. No body cares about a quality product. Customer service is nonexistent. Well they wont be getting any business from me and hopefully most of the people from IW as well.
Mike

The more Videos I watch they just have lost all quality and are just a second rate company now. Such a shame to ruin a good name . They are cutting corners everywhere just to make a buck.

Got a video link ?
It would be easiest to just search for nova engines on youtube . Basically they are using just ok materials . Case has a plastic insert for carb that makes it hard to change bearings, crank is not slugged and the dlc coating is not very strong no slugs in cranks. and the cooling heads are coated and not machined on mating surface so heat transfer is not the greatest. Also the piston sleeves some are all scratched up looking and poor quality finish in the chrome.

I can say that Al has more patience than most, the new NOVA guys need a personal visit for an attitude adjustment.
Thats a real shame......sounds like we were heading in the right direction, but obviously not.
The best thing for all of us would be for them to get straightened out and make good parts. Hopefully, someone will get involved in their company that knows what to do.
Absolutely agree...........or more people like you that have the kind of passion you have for it! You DESERVE to have great success with your effort in this venture and i wish there were other people with the resources to help you out......! We have the easy part to just buy your great products Al!

Back