9o cmb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do know of someone who has a brand new, boxed 90 piston and liner. I believe he was asking somewhere in the region of £100 for it but I stand to be corrected.

If you're interested I'll put you in touch

I have several 90 cmb pistons. let me know the diameter and piston pin to dome ht.
Bob the piston reads 28mm and pin to dome is 12.90. That's to center of pin. The top of pin to dome is 9.60. Let me know and I'll get back with you asap. Here in the mountains service can be good on one day and Terrible the next. Appreciate it 🙏. Michael

Michael
None of my pistons are that size. They are all 1.01 size I measured a new 91 Rs and it is 27.5 dia and center of pin to dome is 13.5. Sorry it wont work.

Check with Stu Barr or Jerry Crother, they might have some. Or put a WTB on the sell forum.

I did search P/S for my ex Twin rigger w/ CMB90 dual glow plugs Gold head last 15 years ago so replaced new CMB101 RS . I said phase of out gone P/S Hope to find one at Europe Good Luck!

Yeah, I'm getting the idea it's about time to phase this one out too. Think I'll just save it for parts for my other 90. I saw a seducer with the 101 it was quick.... thanks Allen

Much appreciated Bradley, the main reason I have for getting this old cmb running is because it is basically brand new. Hate to just have it sitting around. Thanks for passing this on. Michael👍

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009823423130KARPOV ANATOLY
the account i spoke with him about this was anatoly karpov which is de-activated right now but its same guy. he may not be doing it for individuals any more because hes making stuff for --->> HOBBY MIRACLE ( Online Catalog)

not sure any more what exactly is on there but Anatoly does make pistons for anything and some liners -his words . dont see what u need ,,hit him up

Last edited:
gp,gp-evo,evo2,evo2000,evo2001,evo2002 all same . slight differences in stock timings and they changed the actual case ports a touch also they messed with the fit here n there ,,and there was a aac liner or 2 ,,also the no oil grooves vs oil grooves ,also different amounts of grooves and different spacing BUT they will fit in there ,just have to bluerprint or outright mod em

Thanks big chuck and bermadude, sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. No service at my house whatsoever. Will get with hobby miracle first chance I get and see what they can do, if nothing I'll check with Karpov Anatoly. Thanks for the help.... Michael

I was told that the liners would NOT cross different year models....without boring the case or turning a liner ..

Unless that's what you are calling blueprinting and or mods today .... 🧐

Man,,, I gotta dig thru my old GP's and Evo stuff and see what I have... I have an old GP that I mod'ed and ran in my mono for years...
finally wore the piston and sleeve slap out!

Maybe I can revive it !?!? If anyone has an original .90 GP piston and liner they would part with,, PLEASE let me know !!

I wonder what the chances are that hobby miracle could reproduce one or help me out ??
Hmmm.

cmb kept most liner diameters the same over their years . the old man died and the youngins went supercapitalists.. they started changing things like back plate diameter drum diameter certain bolt spacing and worst of all the liner diameter on the most expensive engine ,which also WAS the longest lasting engine -the .90. they started with the red head and its changed again or 2 more times i believe. not sure i dont have any past 2003. they even did the cantilever 90 then changed that 2 years later so u cant use the original parts . then killed it smh . in any case the red i think RS and then the new gold have different bores. then dont get me started on all the crank changes lol each change costs money/time in tooling. cant never get ahead so the sale price of the engine will continue to climb faster than the actual economy . then fast forward a few years and boo hoo another model company out of business ..un called for . simple -make a sturdy engine and lots of available parts and make people learn how to mod. thats how the hobby was built in the first place . the new engines arent any faster they just put the timings closer to ON for the dummies ,,,great now anybody can do 100....wheres the challenge ? anyway,rant over .

if a few people get together maybe order a couple dozzen of the old dia liners/piston combo u can sell the leftovers on here .
i was waiting for my pocket to get heavy and order 10 but with all the goings on looks like its gonna be a longer wait.
hope u get what u need to have fun. thats what its all about . theres always ebay too but be careful not to buy anything worn out

Back