98 Crapshooter coming off a shelf.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

20231D48-C7DF-41BC-BDC5-BB86DB84A9AD.jpeg

I got a 98 Crapshooter from my Uncle that’s been sitting on a shelf for as long as I can remember. I think I only seen him run it a handful of time. Going to strip it down and clean it up. Couple questions. What’s a good 67 Hydro Prop. Also what’s a good pipe length for a CMB with a CMB Pipe. Thanks.

Sam,

Try a 2517-19*-38% you may or may not
need to reduce the diameter a little bit.
Nice color.

Mark Sholund

142FB742-A61E-4FC6-BBFB-566CB58BA883.jpeg

I got the boat torn down. I have a new tank in there and after talking to Stu and several other people I’m converting this to a 45. This boat has a neat story to it. Once I get the updated Sponsons and motor set in it’ll be ready for some color.

Walt Barney Tank. I’ve had it forever for another boat and never used it. Fits perfect.

I have parts ordered and mounts being made.

Good choice Sam. I owned one of those boats back in 98' and was going to suggest you scale it down a class but didn't want to ruffle any feathers. I believe Stu called it a sprint 60 because it was a stretched out .40 boat. Fun and fast but not the best heat racing boat in the 60 class. It will be awesome as a 40 boat!

Ron

Good choice Sam. I owned one of those boats back in 98' and was going to suggest you scale it down a class but didn't want to ruffle any feathers. I believe Stu called it a sprint 60 because it was a stretched out .40 boat. Fun and fast but not the best heat racing boat in the 60 class. It will be awesome as a 40 boat!

Ron

Yes. You are correct. Its a Sprint 67. Pretty much a 45 boat with 67 hardware. I do need to update the Sponsons. Stu gave me some good info on the ones I have. I’m going to practice some with it before I do any racing. I see too many people out there with boats faster then they can handle and they can’t drive for ****. Tearing other people’s boats up. I don’t want to be that guy.

53FEFADC-CA8D-441C-AFBA-8C3FA0D7ACE6.jpeg

587C5BC2-64D8-4885-A89C-CF160A6DC3A8.jpeg

Going to lightly sand the hull and clear it.

Also got the new strut mounted. Waiting on motor mounts to get finished up. Going to repaint the cowling and front sponsons also. Should be really nice when all finished.

Thanks Stu. I’m going to run it with the current sponsons and turn fin to see how it does before I get the updated parts.

Back