9516 Hull Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC, it was offset slightly to the left. I have an R/C Sportcraft version of that hull so, if you're interested, I can take a quick measurement after I get home from work and let you know how it is set up. Last I knew, unfortunately, the full sized boat was on display in Oregon so I can't check on it directly :(
Actually, we can look at it. At roughly the 5:45-5:50 point of a video from the 2000 Columbia Cup has a shot of the boat coming almost head on at the camera. I'll let you look at it yourself here:

Last edited:
73A1F0FA-1AF3-4807-9667-88AA9DDA400F.png
Looks centered to me. If it’s offset gotta be a small amount. I’m just going to order a center hull version.

Deffinately offset . Just look at the space between the nose and the inside of the sponsons .

Works for me. What I was looking at was the bottom of the Ellstrom lettering on the deck. It's slightly closer to the sponson inside on the left side than it is on the right but not enough to make it worth arguing over. If you haven't gotten the paint yet, the colors used on my boat and, AFAIK, the full sized boat are listed in the color code thread that was started several years ago but sort of died. I know the orange is a HOK and think it's a neon, would have to check while the white is PPG Coca Cola white.

Offset for sure. Using the center of window as reference. I get an 1" difference on my 45" monitor with the pic.
Mike

I get what you all are saying now. I was thinking the angle of the photo had it off. So it’s offset.

Just got home and checked my boat, the engine bay is offset to the right by half an inch. That works out to 4" to the left on the full sized boat. As I said in my previous post, not enough to argue over if you want to run a centered engine bay in yours

Latest posts

Back