7075 Rudder Blades

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry_Crowther

Vendor
1 1/4 by 5 1/4 7075 Rudder blade 3/16 thick

1 by 6 1/4 7075 Rudder blade 3/16 thick

$28 plus shipping

Email is [email protected]

Or text 9543267613

Jerry

IMG_5401.JPG

IMG_5403.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting ready to make a batch of rudders for gas boats and I don't use anything BUT 7075 aluminum.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen a fast hydro or rigger come in with a bent rudder because someone used the wrong material.

7075 costs about 2 1/2 times what 6061 does, but it machines almost the same.

I'm also going to make my version of a drop down engine mount.

I made some mounts about 10 years ago from aluminum bar stock and with my mounts, I can get the engine so low in the boat you can't slide a quarter under it.

I had to make the mount wider to do what I wanted it to do, so my mounts will be 4 inches wide instead of 3.5 and will use 1/2 inch rubber isolators instead of 3/4.

I'm making 30 mounts. If they work like I think they will and I sell out quick, I'll make more. If not, I guess I'll have mounts for lots of new boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should make your own post Steve for what your making/selling. Not on someone's post. I would like to see pictures of your mount on your own post.

Joel

I'll do that. Give me a week to get them done.

I run mono's that use 6 inch standoffs. I know hydros and riggers use them shorter. What are good lengths for those?

Back