7.5 Pipe ID

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle King

Hey Guys. I bought these two pipes off of eBay last night. I’m fimilar with some of the outboard pipes but not sure who made these ones. Anyone have an idea? 

57C5D658-75C3-4F04-A0F8-5BA395ABD7F0.jpeg

32242C8B-7C38-4861-900E-544395A6BA43.jpeg

Appears to be Equi elbows

outside of that I’m lost. Possibly some homegrown reimagination of common inboard pipes. 

Congrats on a rare find!

Brandon/Carl. Thanks for the input. It will be fun to try them and see what they do. 

Some history about that subject: John Equi made the first stamped, two piece aluminum outboard pipe (as far as I know of) that had a bend that would allow the pipe to mount behind the engine and lay horizontally because a lot of people were trying to stick pipes on outboards back then that stuck straight out of the back and if they were very long they would bend everything that was attached to them in a crash. His best pipe for the 7.5cc outboard was called his Big Belly pipe. That pipe was made by cutting his smaller center section out and welding a larger diameter "Jim Irwin" style inboard center section into his pipe. John Equi helped a lot of people back in the day. You still see him come out to the Huntsville pond occasionally.

-Carl

Latest posts

Back