.67 C / E Hydros ?? Where are they ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Foley

Supporting Member
Looking at the entries for the Fall Nationals in Charleston, SC I can't believe I am the lone E Hydro entry . This is somewhat startling to me as this was a big class only last year and every year in memory before that . Break them out guys and lets race !

I asked the same question when I got back into boats a few years back...

When I quit running boats, the .67 mono and hydro classes were huge! About every race I entered would fill up and you might not get to run if they capped the # of entries...

I was shocked to find out that most races didn't even offer C/E mono and hydro classes anymore...
If I was closer, I'd try to make your race!

Looking at the entries for the Fall Nationals in Charleston, SC I can't believe I am the lone E Hydro entry . This is somewhat startling to me as this was a big class only last year and every year in memory before that . Break them out guys and lets race !
Tom,
Sorry we can't be there with you in E Hydro...our favorite class! Schedule has me traveling elsewhere in the country. E hydro is our favorite class...plenty of power yet remains a driver's class. We'll see you at the well attended Nitro Winter Champs in 2023. I expect three heats minimum of 67Hydros for this event. E Hydro usually has 15 - 19 entries & we have been training new boaters for this class.

I recognize there has been a decline since way back to the mid 90's, for many clubs & districts started offering Open Hydro even though they could field 4 or 5 E Hydros. The result was and is few are willing to enter a 67 against 80's, 90's, 1.01's and twins in an open hydro. Most guys moved into F sgl Hydro size boats with bigger blocks when Open Hydro class is offered.

Tom , read your post . I recently purchased an E class rigger from Robert duckering..
The boat still needs a little more work but I went and added it to my others for Charleston. Hopefully some more will follow suit.

Michael

Also like frank said, it's getting harder to find races with all the classes. My 90 cat it's got to be in open hydro. I don't know why we can't race the gas cats, I believe it would be a good race. I don't see nitro running away with it. The gas boats are fast! And I'm going to run my old sightler mono subsurface drive in open mono just for the fun of it.
Would love to see more nitro classes again.

Michael

One thing to consider with nitro is less classes. Less classes better turn out per class.
As stated when races started offering single f/x hydro it was another strike against .67.
A benefit to single f/x is it can be the same engines run in twins.
I too loved .67 mono and hydro back when. But it just hasn’t been solid last several years except a very few races.
Overseas doesn’t run .67 motors.
Although there is only 1 current 67 manufactured it is a excellent engine. But for how long will it be offered?

I got a 67 Mono when Brett was racing to help the field , that died out . I've always had a 67 Hydro or several and now it's dying out . Lets hope the numbers come up as there are a TON of these boats in circulation .

Im selling an E-Hydro that will get you in trouble quick.
Its changed since these photos, CMB 67, exra sponsons, fuel tanks, extender strut....................

Attachments

• 67 RR 2012 (1).JPG
    67 RR 2012 (1).JPG
    390.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 67 RR 2012 (3).JPG
    67 RR 2012 (3).JPG
    361 KB · Views: 0
  • 67 RR 2012 (4).JPG
    67 RR 2012 (4).JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 67 RR 2012 (5).JPG
    67 RR 2012 (5).JPG
    364.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 67 RR 2012 (9).JPG
    67 RR 2012 (9).JPG
    398.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 67 RR 2012 (12).JPG
    67 RR 2012 (12).JPG
    375.6 KB · Views: 0
I have a great 67 hydro
It is I think fast. C/S Nova 67. Probably the best motor Nova built.
I have had it a long time.

Will not make it to Charleston.
If certain classes are not offered the class, any class, gas or nitro will die.

With the popularity of Facebook it may be wise for each district to keep a current list of it's members boats that are actually being raced so that people who are either new or just looking to build something new don't waste their time and money.
Nothing worse than watching a B hydro racing in open hydro with a twin!

NAMBA d3 is 33ish classes couldn’t get through 4 rounds. Imagine that. New director changed the rules and now it averages 13 classes all gas no nitro at all but 1 race.
Voting has consequences make sure
You know what their agenda is before voting them in.
And there wasn’t even a nitro director for district 3 appointed Still isn’t one.

Last edited:
Only (1) manufacturer currently building .67 kits (that I know of)
Only (1) .67 size motor being manufactured (that I know of)

Makes it difficult to get excited about.
True but there are a zillion of them out there(boats ) . My engines are all several years old but in great condition .

Last edited:
Back