.67 C / E Hydros ?? Where are they ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NAMBA d3 is 33ish classes couldn’t get through 4 rounds. Imagine that. New director changed the rules and now it averages 13 classes all gas no nitro at all but 1 race.
Voting has consequences make sure
You know what their agenda is before voting them in.
And there wasn’t even a nitro director for district 3 appointed Still isn’t one.
Yes and then it is stated that Nitro never show up . Can't race if it's not offered .

There are ways to combine . .45 and .67 hydros would be comparable in wake size etc and would combine well . Combining is the last resort .
Bottom line is Nitro is in trouble in D 3 for sure . Classes that were once very big are dead like .21 Mono .45 Mono , .67 Mono , .67 Hydro . Times change and peoples interests change . Maybe the time for separate Gas and Nitro races is here but it would be hard to get available personnel are in short supply .

We talked about this over twenty years ago on this very forum. Too many classes for he number of people who actually race and yet more classes were added.
Don't know what the answer is but we don't need four nitro rigger classes, four nitro mono classes etc.
Perhaps 45 and under and 67 and up? Just a thought!

Is there no way to combine classes??? I see a lot of electrics that I believe are comparable to my D-Mono and E - hydro. Even gas and nitro can be comparable. I just want a chance to run all my boats.

Mike

As long as the electrics are required to be in the water and mill just like the nitro boats do...

I've been at races where the FE guys camp out off bouy six until the last 5 seconds...barely moving... and then you've got nitro boats coming at full tilt holding their lanes for a flying start...

F.E. and nitro are just two completely different animals, fine for open classes but not as a combined in my opinion.
I took a lot of heat over this years ago when F.E. guys wanted to run scale with Nitro in d1.
After a few tries people started to realize it just wasn't a good match.

I agree different animals, fine for open classes. Not a fair fight in a combined class.
IN our district there are many dyeing classes and some that are growing. We always try to support all classes but dont like running 3 boat heats at our larger races

Understandable guys, apples 🍎 to oranges 🍊. I get that part but I still believe many gas and nitro boats could be very competitive. Do any of the tunnels compete or is it still only in open class?

Back