6 degrees of separation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK fellas and Gals Im liking this, especially on race day
Stay at least 6 feet away all the time
No wash downs, no bumping, You got that?
OK lets go race!
Seriously though separation is how we will beat this Virus. Lets all do our part.
Richard

Last edited:
Richard....
Im 100% with on this.....I really think there is enough "outside" that us racers can still enjoy a get together....I would like to see people keep signing up for races..worst case scenario....refund..

Our Oregon club has been canceling races. Staying home, working on projects, and interacting on IW is safer.

Lohring Miller
Unfortunately as this Virus progresses we need to avoid contact, and you are correct Lohring, that staying home and working on projects is what we as responsible citizens all over the boating community should do.
Richard

As I commented on a local club members post this week, we sure will see a bunch of of rehabbed formerly retired hulls and some interesting unusual projects once we get back to some sort of normal at the pond. Personally, almost enjoying the added time in the boat shop. Already have more hulls rigged and ready than we can race. Please stay distant and safe my friends. Do not play with this bug.

I’ve been on self imposed lockdown since early April. That’s almost 5 months. That’s enough. It’s time to knock this crap off and go back to work.

My lockdown was self imposed. I was talking to one of my neighbors in early April and he told me to keep my distance because his son had the virus. Then about a week later, I got a call from my neighbor on the other side telling me that one of his employees had it.

I have congestive heart failure and I’m type 2 diabetic and when news reports started saying people with those ailments should stay clear of anyone who has or is suspected to have the virus.

I also have a 3 lead pacemaker/defibrillator so I certainly don’t need any COVID-19 or Coronavirus crap.

Now the neighbor whose employee had it has moved and the man on the other side claims his son is over it.

So as of today, I think I think 5 months is long enough. I’M GOIN BACK YO WORK.

I‘ve got boat parts to make and people are starting to ask for them. I’ll have T-Bars, both 4 and 5 inch, gas bag holders, outdrives, and a prop balancer. AND I’m working on a new drive that will be compatible with the inline twins with no modifications.

Can anybody give me some numbers.. what are the death percentage rates..(NO OPINIONS.. NO BS.. lets have more than ONE SOURCE to determine this as a set of percentages).. ... THEN....WHAT is the "NUMBER" that makes it safe to go back out.. WHO makes the "its safe" call?

When is it over?.....what number of "what" drives this......... when do we treat it like the Flu.... or H1N1... or...............

maybe.. just maybe... we dont have a plan.. maybe we do.. if not I will make my own... "can I make my own" will I get arrested?

This is UDDER BS

Grim

I don't think it's "udder BS", I do think it was an intentional deal. That said, I do think it will be beaten but it will take time to do so.
R/C Unlimiteds has basically shut down its season with only one race run out of roughly 13. As far as plans, safe calls and such, I don't think anyone is really qualified to do so as long as people are still being infected(mostly through their own stupidity).

i have not changed any thing i did before. i eat out at places that are open, i only shop where i am not required to wear a mask,i don't have any masks. i go to work every day. they take our temp before letting us in the plant.i am /have ingnored this whole political agenda as much as i possibly can, and will continue to do so

what does "beaten" mean?

Tell me how we beat H1N1.. or the flu...?

Grim
Beaten simply means developing a vaccine against it, just like the mumps, rubella, measles, etc. I don't think we've ever beaten the flu and won't beat the various kinds of virus that cause the "common cold" either. Then again, I doubt the flu or cold viruses will ever cost 200K+ lives over a year or so either.

Does it? I have not heard this before.. and without challenging you.. how do you qualify to say that? (maybe you know?)

"I doubt".. is not a plan to a fact. So you lost me on that one.. (no worries, might just be me.. might not)

Grim

There is rampant fraud with the numbers of the cerveza bug. They've labeled motorcycle deaths with this as the cause and many more I won't go into.

Had a family member who got it and is immune compromised and very overweight and equated it to a bad cold. Let's not forget that about 15 percent of all cold viruses are coronaviruses. There's more going on than meets the eye but you have to dig to find the info.

Oh and the family member was prescribed HCQ. Yes it does work with the appropriate dose.

Does it? I have not heard this before.. and without challenging you.. how do you qualify to say that? (maybe you know?)

"I doubt".. is not a plan to a fact. So you lost me on that one.. (no worries, might just be me.. might not)

Grim
I just look at history. All of the diseases that used to be fatal are now almost gone. You might hear of a case of polio once every five to ten years(there could be more, we just never hear about them), same for the mumps or measles. I actually did hear about a case of measles a while back. The guy went to the hospital thinking he had one thing, only to be told he had the measles. Only reason I heard about it then was it was on the evening news

There was a day when we relied on trusted sources to make good decisions. ABC. NBC. CBS. CNN .Fox. BBC broadcast news and print like Wash Post and New York Times. Medical, CDC, Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic.
Now you have Twitter, Facebook and your brother's cousins neighbors barber. The National Enquirer and checkout rags were a laugh at best.
So WHO do you trust with possibly you or your families lives. The numbers may not be totally accurate but ask an emergency room doctor or nurse if there is a risk.
You can risk your life and drive like a maniac but you don't have the right to take anyone else with you.
Whether you trust Trump or Fauci that's your choice and right. But I get to make my own choice.
I have been to a few local races over the past couple months and with simple mask wearing in the hot pits and drivers stand. These were smaller venues and everyone kept a social distance distance outside the required mask areas. I got to compete, flip over and hit bouys like always but had fun.
No one knows all the answers on this virus or how we totally beat it. Like competition you need to play all the percentages in your favor. Learn and don't repeat mistakes.
Mic

Last edited:
Good one Mic.. I believe I have played the game.. a mask is a control device. BUT likely not all that much "limited to proper use" regarding the Covid molecule. Mic.. your going to get Covid, so am I.

Then to masks...

I have seen VERY few masked used properly. I am not talking about the person that wares it below his nose (hell, he might be the smarter one in of the bunch).. at least he is getting full ox).. i am talking about the person that does not carefully remove the mask and toss it out after use. (not a full day or two and then into the wash with some home made useless droplet catcher..... LOL) touch your mask anyplace but the elastics and you might as well toss out the idea of masks all together.... do you think that wet transmission devise i.e. water droplet that the covid particulate rides on evaporates the covid particulate..?

Also.. IF YOU HAVE FACIAL HAIR................... and ya all think this mask is going to work for you..

Did you know.. the CDC states that if you have a mask on and are in a room with somebody who also has a mask on for more then 15 min THAT IS AN EXPOSURE!

I like Grape! Grape is my favorite flavor!

Grim

Last edited:
Back