47inch microburst mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john bass

anyone got any tips on this hull...not sure which way to go ...gas or nitro....what about setup??? does it need trim tabs and turn fins need some advice thanks

If you go nitro a cmb cube is best choice..imo.

Bermuadude years ago run one with twin 90s,,he would know how to setup proper...
Fairly sure Eric Mcnair run them also many years ago

I had a Micro Burst hull about 17 years ago and it had some of the most violent blow overs I’ve ever seen. It would be going like a demon on the straight away when all of a sudden it would lift off, turn right side up and go back into the water backwards and bend the trim plates back under the boat.

There have been a few different versions of the microburst over the years. The really early ones did run very loose but the later ones run great.

John,
From what Archie has told me for gas, the 47 is good for 260's but really not great for big blocks. That's why Dave came out with the 51 and it runs very well. I'm not entirely sure about nitro though.

Brian

No experience with the 47 model but the 51 is a great hull to race. I love mine! Not ballistic fast on a calm day but will certainly get you victories when the waters are choppy. 62mph is all I get out of mine running a 30+ zenoah. The only downside about any microburst is that a big handed🖐 guy like me has no room to work on the motor inside the hull.

Back