45 Roadrunner Extreme

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Murany

Finally was able to hit the water with the new toy. The boat looks to be very promising. Sorry for the sideways pics but no matter what I do they turn when attached.

20140426_144752.jpg

20140426_144740.jpg

I'll be taking it up there. I ran about 5 tanks through the motor but didn't try any other props.

David,

I will send you a few to test next week.

Our lake just opened up today. I will be testing

tomorrow after church is over.

Nice Job,

Mark

David,

Not this weekend, just put the first boat in the water today.

Awesome runs though on a couple of new pipes.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi David,

How long and wide is the tub on your boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

I think it may need a deeper turnfin from what I saw at the last race.

Awesome running Wilson 45 VAC in that bad boy.

Beep, Beep !!!

Mark Sholund

Thanks Mark. I tried a different fin over the weekend and it didn't work right. I have a couple other changes I made that I am going to try this week and if they don't work I'll make another fin.

David,

Copy the same fin just make it a half inch deeper.

.060" Titanium would be a good material.

I think the photos from Rick will show you

the reason I say this?

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

I'm running a VAC motor in it. Boat is fast but still working on the cornering.
Contact Dick Tyndall for one of his Roadrunner turn fins, the cornering improvement is outstanding. I ran Tyndall's fins on all my Roadrunners from 21 to twin.
default_smile.png

Contact Dick Tyndall for one of his Roadrunner turn fins, the cornering improvement is outstanding. I ran Tyndall's fins on all my Roadrunners from 21 to twin.
default_smile.png
If you have a RR turn fin for the boat and it does not work...do not waste your time with making a lot of test pcs. Get one of Dick's and be done. JMO

default_smile.png
If you have a RR turn fin for the boat and it does not work...do not waste your time with making a lot of test pcs. Get one of Dick's and be done. JMO
What they said, get one of dick's fins. I have them on every one of my boats that use a fin, they FLATOUT WORK!!

Thanks for the input guys. I talked to Dick and it's over a month wait for a fin so we will see how it works next month. I also widened the front sponson stance and ran it centered instead of offset and it helped quite a bit.

Back