.45 CMB outboard questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Dahlheimer

i am looking for info about running a "can" exhaust on a CMB .45 R/S for my Shaman. The motor is mounted on a K&B lower with a Lafleur conversion. What about props for this set up. Plan on running 40% nitro. Thanks guys, Richard

You may want to give Mark Hopper a shout, he ran this set-up a few times at the Tunnel Champs.

You may want to give Mark Hopper a shout, he ran this set-up a few times at the Tunnel Champs.
Gabe,

Is this setup allowed in D Stock class at the WTC as long as a can muffler is used and not a tuned pipe? What all is allowed with the limitation on available K&B stock complete 40 outboard engines? John Knight may chime in as well. Just wanted to make sure I show up with an approved setup. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabe,

Is this setup allowed in D Stock class at the WTC as long as a can muffler is used and not a tuned pipe? What all is allowed with the limitation on available K&B stock complete 40 outboard engines? John Knight may chime in as well. Just wanted to make sure I show up with an approved setup. Thanks.
I'm not Gabe but I can answer the question for him. It's not really a D stock class, it's more of a D Outlaw class. Any .45 engine size displacement, lower unit, boat combo, just NO tuned pipes. Anything else goes, as long as it aligns with the IMPBA rules of an outboard tunnel.

A couple years ago Carl and Talley brought a twin O.S. setup on the back of a Shaman for the class. Man that thing was strollin and sweet on the ears too. :wub:

-Jr. ;)

Gabe,

I'm not Gabe but I can answer the question for him. It's not really a D stock class, it's more of a D Outlaw class. Any .45 engine size displacement, lower unit, boat combo, just NO tuned pipes. Anything else goes, as long as it aligns with the IMPBA rules of an outboard tunnel.

A couple years ago Carl and Talley brought a twin O.S. setup on the back of a Shaman for the class. Man that thing was strollin and sweet on the ears too. :wub:

-Jr. ;)
Jr is correct in the class requirements. Just no tuned pipes. With the K&B 40 engines hard to get we opened it up to any engine plant on any lower unit. Just a good opportunity at some good ole engineering and tinkering with the class. Please call it the Sport D class and not the Outlaw D class. Not only do I hate that term but it is not at all the correct description. The Sport B class has no pipes so the Sport D also does not either. However the Sport D class has no other rules but the Sport B has a bunch.

Richard... they run modified ala Anderson/Zabarowski cut 1450's also.... I may attempt one for you here after a bit..... Big L ran a pretty serious mod tunnel.... he should have a few blades to getcha on the clock.... build em' up my friend.... Mike....

I contacted Mark Hopper from HTB boats, and Mark sent me some photos of his CMB conversion with a K&B can exhaust. Thanks Gabe. Mike, i have a few of the Anderson back cut 1450s now, but thanks for your offer. The Shaman that i have was built by Carl, and i have already ran it several times with a piped CMB R/S. Should be ok power wise with a can exhaust. Thanks, Richard

Latest posts

Back