4 bladed props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Simmons

Does anyone make 4 bladed for 4 40 or 4 bladed props in general for 3.5and 7.5 Motors thank you in advance Mark

Do you know if Jim ever tried to make the trip ?

I was out flying my model plane in Katy Texas, when three guys pulled up and landed a really nice gas powered model Cub... they were flying it from Dallas to Galveston !!!

They fueled it up,, swapped out the reciever battery pack, checked out a few things,, documented mileage and time,, and took off again..

Dude flying rode in the back of the pickup, and said they had been flying since first light and had made great time so far .

No sir, I don't think so... Are you talking about the FE guys that ran out in Katy ??
The name Jack Thompson sounds real familiar...

Louie Bauman helped me with all of my props.... both for my fullsize and model boats.

Take 2 440 props. With an endmill the size of the hub, cut half of the hub away one from the front the other from the back. put both on an aluminum shaft and index the tips. Solder together, heat treat, done. Neat experiment, probably not good performance.

Take 2 440 props. With an endmill the size of the hub, cut half of the hub away one from the front the other from the back. put both on an aluminum shaft and index the tips. Solder together, heat treat, done. Neat experiment, probably not good performance.
Pretty much how I did them except I over bored the I.D. and sleeved them, then silver soldered them. No heat treat.

Mark Simmons,

Octura does make a P-741/4 which is a 41 mm four bladed propeller. It is really a 41mm diameter x 69.7 mm with 2.737”
of pitch. It worked pretty good on a sport 21 boat for saw application quite a few years ago. I have some in stock, but
that propeller is not worth my time right now, just too busy.
They are $20.00 if you need one?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Speaking of stacking prop blades,,, has anyone ever tried or looked into stacking different types of props (sizes and number of blades) ?

Kind of like Volvo Penta does with their
Duo-Prop outdrives ? I realize that the props counter rotate on the real drives,,, but I thought it might be cool to try out to see if it would help with the efficiency of our little ones.

Latest posts

Back