3,5 K&B Outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney Rogers

Does anyone mod their crankshaft I have a 3.5 crank that I bought and it has a crazy tear drop grind in the back of it!

I dont modify any of my motors.. I have found that.. in most cases a turbo crank can not make up for a driving mistake.

Grim

I've seen them done where the trailing edge of the counterweight is scalloped towards the center hole as if a pinwheel or turbo effect is what the builder was after...

But like Grim said, a total good boat setup and driving skills will trump most any
wiz bang engine mod... I'm pretty sure if the marine engine manufacturers could coax more power out of their engines with a simple cut or two, they would..
Look at some of the car and buggy engine
internals, if you want to see some wild stuff..
The precision porting and cranks they utilize is amazing..

Does anyone mod their crankshaft I have a 3.5 crank that I bought and it has a crazy tear drop grind in the back of it!
Yes but it's the wrong way for an outboard & more done in other places. It helps with fuel flow by creating a suction & pulling fuel out the throat of crank into case. Below the nova crank that was posted is more like it (but think that's on an inboard).

You also never said if your playing around or racing. What hull are you going to use as well.

yep.. when my driving is off having a jet engine on the boat and a date with Megan fox after the win can not get me to the finish line! wait........... dont tell my wife I said that......... LOL

Hope you are well Alan!

Grim
Thnx for asking. I'm fine just caring for mother at 90 yrs young...

Back