2021 Winter Nitro Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Real Grim

Supporting Member
Greeting boaters from far and wide,
John Otto, called me and said he could not put on the Winter Nitro Championship race at his race site in 2021. He asked me if I would host the race in Huntsville. I will gladly host the 2021 Winter Nitro Championship race. We will run the same classes and the same format that has been used in the previous years.

The reason why this is coming so late is that I had to see how things went in Huntsville at the November NAMBA Time Trials. We already had to cancel one major event and I don't want to cancel another one if possible.
What I need from all you interested boaters is what month January, February or March that you would like to attend the race. The reason I ask this is, we here in Huntsville, Alabama don't have that warm and sunny weather that you you have in Florida in January. Our average temperature range is from 30 degrees in the morning to a high of 50 degrees in the afternoon. If we are lucky and if it's not raining and the wind is not blowing 25mph.

February and March are a bit warmer but we have had snow in March! Please let me know what your thoughts are. And if you plan on attending and what month of the three is best for you.
Looking forward to putting on a great race for you here in Huntsville COVID PERMITTING!

Thank you, Mark Grim

March definitely looks better on the calendar. Temps would be much better. But, here in the south. March is usually a wind and rain month. Especially towards the end of the month the past decade. How about considering a .12 Hydro class too.

Hi everyone,
Now that we have decided the Winter Championship race will be in March 2020 what weekend do you want?
March 13th-14th, 20th-21st, 27th-28th
as soon as you let me know I'll have Kim get it set up on the NAMBA District 5 website.
Thanks, Mark

Back