2020 NAMBA NATIONALS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racers

If by chance the City changes any rules or policies after October 1st you will be notified by email immediately.

We have held off posting COVID requirements in the hopes that state and local rules would get easier to work with.
At this point our city contact is sure we will still be under the existing rules come race time.
What that means is you must wear a face mask and maintain social distancing at all times, while in public, in Huntsville, Madison County, AL.
Restaurants and bars will be at less than 50% capacity with limited menus. There can be no congregating in groups of more than 10.
In your package you will receive a waiver that states you understand this and will comply or you must leave the race site.
To the racers that have asked “can we guarantee you won’t get sick”. No we can’t!
To the racers that have said you can’t wear a mask, we understand and it is NOT fun especially in the heat, we will miss you, and will refund your entry fees when you contact us.

Mark & Kim Grim
[email protected]

Rick Grim
[email protected]

2020 NAMBA Nationals web page is now open. www.hmba5nambanats.com
Please let me know what you think.
The shopping cart is ready to go and I will update the site everyday with new info. I will also keep you updated as to who and how many boaters have entered to date.

With the shopping cart you can pick your classes, order tickets to event, Pick your sponsorship class and order your Add for the program.
you can pay with PAY PAL or select to Mail in an entry.

Your Host hotel information is on the site as well as directions to and from the lake and where to eat and drink.
The Banquet is at the host hotel and is Buffet style! All of the rooms are suites with a sitting room, tv's and sofa/beds.
There is a restaurant and bar also. Breakfast is included everyday.

I hope you enjoy the website and Huntsville Model Boat Association (HMBA) welcomes you to Huntsville, Alabama (The Rocket City)
Hi Everyone, if you would like to sponsor a class for the NAMBA Nats Please go on the website www.hmba5nambanats.com and select your class from the ENTRY/SHOPPING CART page. I will then put you on the sponsor page and let everyone know you have taken that class. It has to be PAID FOR before I can remove the class from THE SHOPPING CART so it is NOT AVAILABLE anymore.
Thank you, Kim

Hello Kim and Mark...been a long time! Of course I want to know how you and Mark are these days...
I got divorced, remarried and had 2 kids which are now 24 & 18. Time flew and my boating went on a high shelf.
Darn , getting older isn't for the weak ones. I still remember the happy racing/friend times we had. Seems that early comradery no longer exists. Still have a few old friends but they are disappearing!
I spend most of my time on my sign business and my wife has a mobile loan doc signing notary business. Still have a few boats but too much work to run them.
I see you and Mark moved to "S America"...I've never been in that area.Hopefully it is working out well for you.
OK...I don't wish to sponsor but do want only to say hello. I think I'll go to Legg Lake and look for ghosts...maybe some I still know.
Your friend of olde,
Don Donikowski

Hey Don,
So very good to hear that you are doing well! Al Zap, John Callahan, Mike Stern and myself are at the Legg Lake just about every Sunday. Come by, it will be great to see you!!

Hey Don,
So very good to hear that you are doing well! Al Zap, John Callahan, Mike Stern and myself are at the Legg Lake just about every Sunday. Come by, it will be great to see you!!
Hey Don,
Greetz! I will visit lake this Sunday ...if you'll be there .Al Zap and I have shooting in common which he did long ago. He'll be pleased to know that my older son became West Coast Jr. Steel Champion speed shooter and I...Super Senior Champ too at yearly meet. Haven't run any boats tho. Lemme know if you'll be there.
Glad you spotted me!
Don

Gadz...no car tomorrow. Son is using it for a sign install project for me and wife is using hers for her work and visits.
Shoot me your e mail or tel no. Another Sunday. I've been wanting to go to lake for month. Only been about 20 years.
Still have my boats tho.
Don D.

NAMBA NATS RACERS,
Unfortunately, the world is a much different place than it was when HMBA agreed to host the 2020 NAMBA Nationals.

We regret to inform everyone that a number of things out of our control have finally exceeded what we can control. After many sleepless nights and a meeting to look at and discuss all our options; the vote today was to cancel our 2020 NAMBA Nationals. We appreciate everyone that supported our effort and we certainly appreciate those who volunteered to help.

SPECIAL THANKS to Kim1 Grim for the AWESOME website she created and her tireless work. Please send her your thanks.
Your funds will be returned as soon as possible.

Rick Grim
President HMBA

Back