2020 NAMBA NATIONALS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Real Grim

Supporting Member
We want to welcome everyone to the 2020 NAMBA Nationals at Brahan Spring Park in Huntsville, AL.

Below is a tentative schedule of classes per day. This schedule can change based on actual class entries per NAMBA NATIONALS RULES it takes five boats to make a class. The Nationals website will be coming soon so be sure to look for the link there and on the NAMBA website. We will keep this updated as things progress and We look forward to seeing you here!

P LIMITED CATAMARAN and P LIMITED SPORT HYDRO BOX STOCK EXHIBITION CLASSES
Will be run with the Original Motor and Speed Control that comes in the boat. These two classes are the Ready to Run Boats on the market today. PROBOAT’S V3 29” BRUSHLESS
MISS GEICO CAT (PRBO8009), BLACKJACK (PROBO8011) or VELES (PROBO8029) and the
UL-19 (PROBO8028) 30” BRUSHLESS HYDROPLANE.

All other P LIMITED classes will be run under normal NAMBA rules.

A OPC Tunnel and B OPC Tunnel
Will be run as Stock Out of the Box Engines Only! (K & B 3.5 and OS Max 3.5 and K & B 7.5 Engines) All other engines will be run in the MOD Classes!

The TOP 3 BOATS
In all Stock Classes will be Impounded following the last round and the Engines will be Torn Down!

Boat Hulls
All boats must be NAMBA Rule Book Legal and ARE subject to Inspection.
Per the NAMBA President and the NAMBA Sport Chairman, IMPBA Sport 40 Boats will be run in the NAMBA Sport 40-2 class.

For any questions please email:
Mark Grim - [email protected]
Rick Grim - [email protected]

LAKE SET-UP
October 14TH

OPEN WATER
October 15th-16th
(There will be open water after racing ends each day for classes that run the next day ONLY!)

2020 NAMBA Nationals Class List

SATURDAY 17th
G LIMITED CRACKER BOX
P LIMITED OPC
A MONO
B HYDRO
B OPC TUNNEL
Q HYDRO
BOX STOCK P LIMITED SPORT HYDRO (Exhibition Class)

SUNDAY 18th
OPEN OFFSHORE
A HYDRO
JERSEY SKIFF
B MONO
P LIMITED RIGGER
NITRO TWIN
WELCOME PARTY

MONDAY 19th
G-1 MONO
GX-2 CRACKERBOX
P CATAMARAN
C MONO
A OPC TUNNEL
C MOD TUNNEL

TUESDAY 20TH
GX-2 CATAMARAN
G LIMITED MONO
P LIMITED CATAMARAN
P MONO
C HYDRO
B MOD TUNNEL

WEDNESDAY 21ST
GX-2 MONO
GAS TUNNEL
G-1 RIGGER
P LIMITED SPORT HYDRO
A MOD TUNNEL
BOX STOCK P LIMITED CATAMARAN (Exhibition Class)

THURSDAY 22ND
G-1 CATAMARAN
GX-2 SPORT HYDRO
P SPORT HYDRO
X MONO
SPORT 20
BBQ, PADDLE BOATS and CONCOURSE JUDGING

FRIDAY 23RD
G-1 SPORT HYDRO
GX-2 RIGGER
TWIN GAS
P HYDRO
SPORT 40-2
X HYDRO

SATURDAY 24th
GAS SCALE
1/8TH SCALE NITRO
1/8TH SCALE ELECTRIC
P LIMITED MONO
Q SPORT HYDRO
THUNDERBOAT
BANQUET PARY

Last edited:
Looks like a great race Mark, thanks for posting the schedule so soon. It seems that 7 of the main nitro classes are over by tuesday, leaving those who want to attend the banquet with nothing to do but wait. Maybe a class could be moved to later in the week.Im looking mainly at ABC hydro and mono. Thanks again for the early post.

2020 NAMBA Nationals web page is now open. www.hmba5nambanats.com
Please let me know what you think.
The shopping cart is ready to go and I will update the site everyday with new info. I will also keep you updated as to who and how many boaters have entered to date.

With the shopping cart you can pick your classes, order tickets to event, Pick your sponsorship class and order your Add for the program.
you can pay with PAY PAL or select to Mail in an entry.

Your Host hotel information is on the site as well as directions to and from the lake and where to eat and drink.
The Banquet is at the host hotel and is Buffet style! All of the rooms are suites with a sitting room, tv's and sofa/beds.
There is a restaurant and bar also. Breakfast is included everyday.

I hope you enjoy the website and Huntsville Model Boat Association (HMBA) welcomes you to Huntsville, Alabama (The Rocket City)

Last edited:
The wife and I actually stayed for a night at the Space and Rocket Center campgrounds last June. Found it to be a nice, though somewhat small, facility. If those that are going want to stay there, you need to get your reservations in very early. Plan on taking a camera as there's many things to see, both inside and outside the museum fences:)

One other note, I would avoid Hwy 72. Our camp trailer actually took some damage on that highway due to how rough it was between Memphis and the Mississippi/Alabama state line. Most was repaired fairly quickly but one item is still going to take some serious rebuilding.:mad:

Last edited:
We already have classes sponsored for the Nats! They will fill in quickly so please get your order in soon.
Thank you, Kim #1

We already have Sponsored classes!
VOODOO Model Boat Club - GX-2 CATAMARAN
THE HOLLAND FAMILY - P SPORT HYDRO
DISTRICT 9 - A MONO, SPORT 20
Alan Hobbs - A, B, C, X HYDRO
Team Ed - Thunderboat

Hi Everyone, if you would like to sponsor a class for the NAMBA Nats Please go on the website www.hmba5nambanats.com and select your class from the ENTRY/SHOPPING CART page. I will then put you on the sponsor page and let everyone know you have taken that class. It has to be PAID FOR before I can remove the class from THE SHOPPING CART so it is NOT AVAILABLE anymore.
Thank you, Kim

Back