2020 IMPBA Nitro Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was eager to attend this race. This year's host took the effort to feel out the support of this event with a time frame in mind before making their all in commitment. I thank the VooDoo club for their attempt...it just ended up being a too difficult time of the year once the final date was selected. I look forward making it to the VooDoo site for a race soon.

I applaud change, and I respect the wisdom of the past. the "National Regatta" or "Internats" had a specific time frame to be offered. This allowed consistency for planning year after year. Slowly those parameters were widened with success. I do recognize this would have been the earliest "Nats" ever. Maybe the early side of the threshold has been identified.

Respectfully,
MG

Voodoo Model Boat Club is proud to announce its selection to host the 2020 IMPBA Nitro Nationals which will be held in Reserve, Louisiana on April 2nd – 4th 2020. Reserve those dates on the calendar for the IMPBA Nitro Nationals and plan to come down and enjoy some New Orleans Hospitality mixed with awesome nitro boat racing in the fast waters of the world class Voodoo Racing Facility! The Voodoo facility has vast areas of pit space and parking for large trailers and motor homes with select low voltage and water hook ups. A Southern Louisiana food vendor will be onsite for breakfast and lunch daily offering a full menu with daily specials. The banquet for this event will be held at the facility Friday 4/3 following racing for the day and will offer a bounty of Southern Louisiana Crawfish boiled to perfection and some other Louisiana cajun cuisine items. The event raffle will also be held during the banquet as well as the ever growing Voodoo Cornhole Championship (version CH3NO2 ) as the party continues after hours.

Classes offered:
B, D, E, F, F (Single Engine) and Multi Engine Hydro
B, D, E, F Mono
B, D, E-F Outboard Tunnel
B Sport Outboard Tunnel
Sport 20, Sport 40 and 1/8 Scale

Race entries taken on: www.racemastersevents.com Entry kickoff is Jan 4th at 10:00am (central)
* 250 boat limit with a minimum of 6 boats to make a class per IMPBA Nationals rule
* Shootout format with previous round finish determining the next round heats
* All classes will run each race day to complete the round before the next round begins
* Only the top 6 boats from each class advance to the final Shootout round 5
* Total points of all 5 rounds will determine the final finishing positions
* Driver’s meeting at 7:30am each day
* 2:30 minute Clock/Pit/Mill time will be used
* Lane is committed at buoy 6 of the 10 buoy course on final mill lap
* Awards will consist of a 1st place Nitro National Champion and 2nd-3rd place Nitro Nationals
*Awards ceremony will begin following completion of the event
* Event CD’s: Nick Hartdegen /Jesse Lee/ Others TBD
* Entry fee: $40 registration (banquet include) and $15 for each boat entered
* Entries MUST be paid via PayPal at the time of entry PayPal: [email protected]
* Entry refunds will not be given after March 1 2020
* Event T-Shirts are $20(S-XL) $22(XXL & larger) and can be pre-ordered by emailing size and quantities to [email protected] with limited quantities available for purchase at the event.

Open Water: Tues 3/31/20 & Wed 4/1/20
Heat Racing: Thurs 4/2/20, Fri 4/3/20 & Sat 4/4/20

Hotel info:
Best Western Inn (Host Hotel $99 a night)
4289 Main St.
La Place, LA 70068
985-651-4000

Holiday Inn Express ($109 a night)
4284 Hwy 51 (Exit 209 from I-10)
Laplace, LA 70068
877-410-6667
Jessy
I won't be coming for your race due to cancelling the internets. It's to far for me for 2 day race. Hope all works out in the future.
Do I need to cancel somewhere else let me know.
Thnx Alan Elzer

Voodoo club is easily one of the most premier sites in the country, been once and hope to make it back in the future! You guys put on a phenomenal gas nats and an even better crawfish boil.
I think the combined fact of it being early April and not the Internats format turned us off. Early April was the main bad spot, it fell right on my final two weeks of class, which is full of exams and semester ending projects. I know this all falls around a majority of families last week to month of grade school here in Florida, which is full of commitments there as well.
Format, more minor but still worth noting we did travel to Alabama last year for the Internats format and US-1 possibilities. The chance at US-1 was more alluring for a 10-12 hour drive than just Heat Racing National Champion.

I definitely think early in the year was a larger issue than anything else. It’s nice as far as falling in a fairly dead period for racing down this way in D13 and D3, but with school commitments for students like me and parents who still have a school year to wrap up made it hard to commit.

Appreciate you all tremendously for giving this another go, I hope that eventually we can develop a happy medium that works for all involved!!

Wasn't thrilled with how early in the season it was scheduled but the distance/travel time is definitely what killed it for me. I don't have the 30 days PTO anymore that I had for 12 years before being laid off. Now as a personal trainer I have no PTO so I have to choose wisely in what the wallet can handle. :(

Appreciate everyone's the input about it.
Jesse it's appreciated that you guys took the shot. Believe me if I still had the PTO time I would have most likely made the trip even with almost 4 days round trip travel time. Heard lots of good things about the race site, maybe one day..........

To all entrants of this event, with the all the government shutdowns that are growing by the day with COVID we have no other choice but to cancel this event. We will be refunding all entry fees in the next day or so and if you payed by check please PM me your mailing info so a check can be sent back to you. Hope to see everyone for our Voodoo World Championships Nov. 20th thru 22nd.

Latest posts

Back