2020 FE Champs, Branndon FL getting closer March 7-8

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTV Boats

As of today 20 drivers and 75 boats entered. Actually pretty good since I know there are 10-15 locals who haven't signed up yet. Get on the list and mail in your fee's later and avoid PP. Classes we don't normally run in D-3 already qualified are P/Lmtd Hydro and Sport Hydro. Our regulars like P Mono and P Hydro plus limited cat and mono will be big with great competition. I hope we get enough P & Q cats and mono's so we don't have to combine them. As usual most will wait till the last minute to enter. 6 weeks and we will be racing.
Mic

As of today 20 drivers and 75 boats entered. Actually pretty good since I know there are 10-15 locals who haven't signed up yet. Get on the list and mail in your fee's later and avoid PP. Classes we don't normally run in D-3 already qualified are P/Lmtd Hydro and Sport Hydro. Our regulars like P Mono and P Hydro plus limited cat and mono will be big with great competition. I hope we get enough P & Q cats and mono's so we don't have to combine them. As usual most will wait till the last minute to enter. 6 weeks and we will be racing.
Mic
Thats great news Mic!! I test ran my JAE 33" rigger yesterday and was surprised and shocked when I pulled the trigger!! Cant wait for the race....gonna be FUN!!

Rather than repeat here since most everyone is on OSE forums I have posted some updated info there. Basically on the two day format half the classes to finish on Saturday and the remainder on Sunday.
Mic

27 drivers and 95 boats. I know of 12 drivers or more yet to enter. Ralph Almirola of Roadrunner Boats is entered in open hydro. Could be an interesting class as his boat runs straight at 90mph. Actually 89.6 through the lights at Valdosta on Tuesday on 6S
Mic

Hey guys, getting back in boat racing. I live in Lakeland Fl. Raced Open Outrigger with Andy Brown prepped CMB about 20 years ago. I am into EDF Jets right now, but getting bored. No kind of competition in this. I want to get into P Limited Sport Hydro. Like Insane FE 30 or your guys ideas. Didn't have half the classes back when. I am very competitive. Thanks in advance. Chris.

Come over to Ackerman tomorrow and you will see a variety of classes. Sport hydro isn’t real big yet but it’s growing, along with hydro. Cats and monos are the biggest classes right now

Thanks for the invite. Is it a race or practice? I E-Mailed Insane about building me and FE Sport Hydro. Maybe you guys can assist me on a boat decision or even help me set up or even put one together from an Insane hull. I don't know any of the tricks of this class, and not any other classes. Been too long. I am very keen in electric power. Can't wait to meet you guys. E-Mail me ASAP about tomorrow. Have a buddy thatwill cone that has Gas Cats that may get in also. Thanks again, Chris!!

Sorry I missed today. Is the Pro Marine RC Skater Cat by Micheal Stancolm legal in FE P Limited Cat? It must be, I think Mr. Stancolm won P Limited Cat Nationals with the Skater 33". Thanks guys for getting back to me. The only other boaters that have is Wayne, the District 3 NAMBA President. And also Mr. Stancolm. If you can think of a better Cat or the Insane FE 30 Sport Hydro for either class, let me know. I have a price for the Skater and waiting for a price from Insane for the FE 30 Sport Hydro. I am on the fence on which class. Thanks again! Chris.

Thanks! So the Skater is good boat? I know the prop is very important. Do these boats run 2 2s batts or 1 4s? What Mah for either? I love high c rated Roaringtop batts. Maybe you know of a better one for boats. Thanks again for helping me. Chris.

The roaring top batts are favorites amoung many of the guys. You will need at least 7000 mah to finish a six lap heat. Most use 2 X 4s packs.

We should take this conversation off line, as it is clogging up Mic’s race thread.

Important News for contestants:

The following classes will be run and completed on Saturday March 7th:
P/Limited Mono
P Hydro
P/Limited Sport Hydro
Q Limited
Q Catamaran
P/Limited Offsore
3S29 Hydro
Jersey Skiff
P/Limited Outboard Tunnel

On Sunday The 8th the classes are:
P/Limited Cat
Open Hydro
P Mono
P/Limited Hydro
P Sport Hydro
Q Mono
P Cat

This will not be the exact running order as we may have to move a class to even out the heats each day.
Registration CLOSES on the 24Th 2 Weeks from today!

If anyone wants to add a class you can re enter by misspelling your name (leave out one letter) Or contact me at [email protected] with changes and I will contact Bill when we set up the heats next week.
Mic
8 Days to enter! Closes next Monday

Hey guys, getting back in boat racing. I live in Lakeland Fl. Raced Open Outrigger with Andy Brown prepped CMB about 20 years ago. I am into EDF Jets right now, but getting bored. No kind of competition in this. I want to get into P Limited Sport Hydro. Like Insane FE 30 or your guys ideas. Didn't have half the classes back when. I am very competitive. Thanks in advance. Chris.

Phil Thomas Stealth 20 FE is a great fiberglass hull for P limited sport hydro. Many of the Michigan guys run this hull in P limited with very good success. Full P-Sport uses ML Boatworks GSX338, Black Pearl and Blazer Whiplash 20 hulls. Stop by the Brandon race, a bunch of Michigan guys will be there (including myself). You will can see most of the different sport hydro hulls I mentioned.

Back