2020 6th Annual Winter Nitro Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This truly was a blast for me and I hardly got to race.....and when I did I just dunked my boats!!! I haven't run nitro in some years, and it was wonderful to not only say hi to a bunch of old friends, but to meet several new ones.......its good to see that nitro is still alive and well!! Its nice to WANT to do this again!

Thanks for a great race. I appreciate all of the folks that put the race on. Special Thanks to the guys in the tower calling the race, retrieve boat workers and the GREAT CHEFS.

Heck of a time guys! Easily one of the most premier events we’ve attended and the format is phenomenal. Made for some great and hard fought racing to wrap up the weekend. Well worth the time and trip I strongly recommend circling this date on your calendar!

Thanks to the Brandon club for putting on a great race, and ordering up the fantastic weather!

Steve Ball

A big thanks to the Brandon club and a great race format along with great calling for the heats. My friend Richard Hartley and I, also from Alaska, were able to make the finals with Richard getting 2nd in C Hydro and I got 3rd in B Mono.

A big Thank You to the Brandon club. All hard working members hosting a great race. My 5th year and always have a great time. Thanks especially to Larry, John, Randy and Mic, and the rest of the crew.

Had a good time , my racing was minimal but had one nice duel with Rich Junker in B Hydro but his sheer top end speed finally took over ! Thanks to the Brandon club and all those behind the scenes who put the race on and the team in the CD stand for hanging in there . Most bouys I have ever seen replaced in a race so that says something about our driving that needs to be improved I think . It takes 10 - 15 minutes to change a bouy along with dead boats and that hurts the program . Thrashing to fix my twin as we speak and may retire her after the March race here . Great to see everyone !!

Had a good time , my racing was minimal but had one nice duel with Rich Junker in B Hydro but his sheer top end speed finally took over ! Thanks to the Brandon club and all those behind the scenes who put the race on and the team in the CD stand for hanging in there . Most bouys I have ever seen replaced in a race so that says something about our driving that needs to be improved I think . It takes 10 - 15 minutes to change a bouy along with dead boats and that hurts the program . Thrashing to fix my twin as we speak and may retire her after the March race here . Great to see everyone !!
My twin won’t be repaired but at least she was upside down and my muck pipes don’t have a scratch on them . After losing both of them to the drink I was happier to get them back then a pair of 101’s. . Haha. Jeff

The results of the 2020 6th Annual Winter Nitro Championships are as follows;

A Hydro
1st, Marty Davis
2nd, Ritchie Lind
3rd, Mike Betke

A Mono
1st, Buckshot Shacklelford
2nd, Jerry Crowther
3rd, Ron Manucci

Sport 21
1st, Bradley Maglinger
2nd, Rick Bellinger