2019 NAMBA Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to personally thank everyone that made this Nationals so FUN. It took the hard work of many special people and the generosity of sponsors/racers to make this event happen.

The official results will be posted soon on NAMBA’s website.

You put on a GREAT race that was fun and entertaining!! If you didn't have a good time, you have a problem. A chance to meet old friends and make some new ones. I would like to thank all those that put on the race and helped me!!

Yhank you

Brad

My take aways from the 2019 NAMBA Nationals.
* D-20 people are some hard working, fun loving people. Never a shortage of volunteers to handle every task. Never a shortage of smiles.
* The NAMBA Nationals are truly more about family, friends and fun then about racing.
* Dark Day-- Having a day off in the middle of the week was both refreshing and a needed break for all the volunteers. I took time with the family and friends (Who I consider family) to visit local sites. Something I would not be able to do if we did not take a break.
* Having lunched brought into the races everyday was a true blessing.
*Other districts pitching in to help our small district was amazing. We had CD's call heats from D-19, D-9, D-20, D-8 and D-16. Yes we had a Canadian call heats.
* Two (*slightly heated) discussions all week on the drivers stand. The racers should be commended on their behavior and the respect they showed the judges and CD's. Most peaceful NAMBA Nats I have ever attended.
* Changing the race format for a 10 lap Joker lap race.... Was the best heat racing I have had in years. So much fun, interest and laughter. It was impossible to tell who was leading the heat until about lap 8 when all racers completed their 2 joker laps. Every heat the buoy that made the Joker Lap was put in a different location on the lake. Strategy was important on deciding when the joker lap was best for you. This should be a stable class for every NAMBA Nationals.
*Hawaiian Shirt race day... having everyone wear Hawaiian shirts seemed to change the mood for the entire day. Rather than being competitors seemed like we were all friends just having a party while racing boats.
* Hawaiian Luau was the best event of the Nationals. I have never seen every single racer and family member at past Nationals laughing, smiling and participating at one time. We had women learn to shake it, men were up dancing tradition tribal dances (all of the men participated), families dancing in circles. Big Group photo of everyone will soon be hanging on my shop wall.
* We had two different families with three generations of NAMBA Members at this event. Very touching and a great reminder that this is a family hobby.
* Made new friends, turned acquaintances into friends and solidified friendships.
I left the Nationals feeling good about its future. Fun, Family and Friends before racing...………
Again a big thanks to every member of D-20 who worked so hard and to all the racers who pitched in.
Looking forward to Alabama next year.

Back