2016 Fall Nationals Race Opening Up Soon

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blaise,

Recreated the class and re-entered you. If it makes the race you can pay me at the race. OK?

Last edited by a moderator:
Things have gotten even more dicey here. The governor has ordered an evacuation of the entire coastal area of the state, which includes more than 1.1 million, starting tomorrow at 3pm. There are very few motel rooms remaining in the entire state. I just snagged one after searching for more than 2.5 hours. Gas stations are running out of gas. Not a good situation at all. Major stress for everyone.

If the track gets any closer to land we will likely take a major hit. We are hoping for a seaward shift and soon to reduce the impact to the region. Sorry for the race rescheduling but absolutely had to be done.

I have received a number of race cancellations and for refunds. I do not have access to the club Paypal account, only the club treasurer does. He owns a large business and is trying to get things buttoned up to take care of his own family. There likely will be a delay in getting the refunds sent until next week. No choice guys, just the way it is, and would appreciate all working with us through this very bad situation.

Understandable John. Thanks for the update. Hope everyone makes out ok. Hoping for a big right hook. Starting to look pretty bad for us here in Florida too.

Looks like Charleston gonna get hit bad.
default_sad.png
In our prayers, stay safe everyone.

Guys,

I have been away since early Thursday and just returned home. Wednesday we got my 86 yr old father in law out of the hospital and rehab center after a significant stroke, getting him ready to travel and getting my home ready as I could for the hurricane. My home was spared but have some extensive yard debris. I have had no time to work on dropping out racers from the race or work on getting the refunds. But I will be working on it in the next few days. I do appreciate the patience over this but just remember, the southeast US just went through a MAJOR hurricane and patience is needed for all.

John

It's great to hear that your home is still there.Yard work is better than losing your home.

Dave

The race was reopened last week for new entries to come in. There were a number of racers that dropped as they could not come for the make up race dates. So there are a number of slots available in almost every class.

If someone dropped early and can come to the make up race dates, e mail me at [email protected] and let me know so you will not be charged a second time. I'll get you worked back in if there is room in each class.

Entries have really dropped for pre-storm numbers. Are we still on for a three day race or will it be shortened. I see several classes that have not met the six boat limit, and I'm not even asking about twin gas rigger,(only one entry), will those classes be allowed to run now that the boat count is down.

We have lost just over a third of entries (102 to be exact) from what we had before the race. Cannot be helped but a bit disappointing nonetheless. Still looking at a 3 day race as we have now 187 entries and some more are coming in this week. 187 is still a big race and many clubs would love to have that many entered for a race.

From the time of the original dates (Oct 9-11) to the new dates (Nov 11-13) we will have lost over 30 minutes of daylight. Add in the daylight time change that will occur Nov 6, we will lose another hour of daylight. Added together it is 1.5 hours. Take a look in the evening and the time when it is getting dark. Deduct 1 minute per day for almost another month and then drop another hour and it will be evident how long we can run to each day. We need that time cushion. The number of heats and classes dictate how long a race is going to be and not the total number of boats entered.

We want to have at least 4 boats to run a class so it we have it they will run. May have to use 3 at race time but that decision point is still close to 2 weeks away. Time will tell.

One last note - the race refunds are to be sent out this week according to the club treasurer Richie Corbin. We appreciate the patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the Paypal refund requests have been made last evening and this morning. There are 2 heading home by mail as requested.

We have lost over 120 boats from the original race dates. A lot of reasons but it is what it is. We will host the race with reduced entries. There are 2 classes that have only 2 entries, Sport D/40 Hydro and Jersey Skiff If we do not get at least one more each the classes will be dropped.

I am dropping the Twin Gas Rigger class with only 1 entry and none evident for the near future. Sorry Blaise.

due to mechanical problems wheel bearing I will not be able make it

Back