2016 Fall Nationals Race Opening Up Soon

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are only a few days remaining to enter and get in the racing fun. Then it will be closed for good so the admin details are taken care of.

If your plans have changed and cannot make the race, PLEASE let me know immediately so the heats will be correct and someone else may be able to pick up a class or two if possible. Please do not just show up, that is not right to do.

Thanks to all that have made plans to attend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Rest assured that the club is watching closely what is happening with "Matthew". Local news says the most impact will be on Friday. However it all depends on the track it goes on and will be influenced by the jet stream and how much, if any, it pushes it out into the Atlantic.

Stay tuned we will have an announcement hopefully tomorrow. The last thing we want is to put anyone into harms way. It would be much better to push the race back a few weeks instead of anyone getting hurt coming in here. We must remember it is a hurricane.

Advice now is not to leave home early to come to the race until a decision has been made.

John

It didn't look too bad yesterday but this evening's updates show a lot more wind. Starting midday Wed it's pushing 16mph out of NNE and keeps building from there with no let up until late Saturday evening. Really hope this changes for the better as I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:29401.1.99999?MR=1

True, but the hurricane and tropical force (39+ mph) winds are close to 600 miles wide. Current force winds are at 140.

No decision yet but will be coming soon.

If race is postponed will refunds be offered if new dates conflict with other plans?

NOTICE TO ALL:

The CMB club is going to reschedule the race to Nov 11-13, 2016. A category 4 hurricane is nothing to fool with at all especially with the projected paths are all over the Atlantic. We will not put anyone in potential harms way and try to have the race and it comes right at us. If that happens we will likely be under a mandatory evacuation order from the Governor so nothing will be accomplished. We went through a tornado a year ago and got whacked real hard so we do not want to go through that again if we can help it. This date was chosen to be after the Huntsville AL and the Brandon FL races. Did not want to impact them.

So here is what we shall do:

1. If you cannot make the new date for the race, e mail me at [email protected] and let me know. Please e mail only and no PM's or phone calls. Will work and get a refund issued asap. I do not have access to the club's Paypal account so include that info in your e mail to me.

2. I will reopen rcracingevents site to allow more racers to enter. Some classes are currently full so slots may open or not. New closing date will be around Nov 5th.

We appreciate the rescheduling but it is necessary. Be patient with us and we all will get through it fine.

John,

This is the right thing to do. No way to out guess a Cat 4 Hurricane. I hope everyone fares ok and no one is affected or hurt. Stay safe everyone. We will see you in November.

John,

This is the right thing to do. No way to out guess a Cat 4 Hurricane. I hope everyone fares ok and no one is affected or hurt. Stay safe everyone. We will see you in November.
Ditto. Matthew took an unexpected jog to the left earlier this morning which brought all potential projected tracks closer to the coast line with three tracks now projecting making land fall instead of just one previously. See you all in November.
default_smile.png

Way to get out in front of it. Besides it's not like just raining all weekend is good either. Hopefully this headed northeast.

John, can you open up twin gas rigger again? We might be able to make the count needed to run this class and the twin runoff.

Back