2014 Herb Stewart Challange - Round III

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin i think we have a new tunnel boater
default_happy.png

Sure sure Shane

that Stan bloke fit in with the Atwells in many ways...one reaskn was being LOUD haha

Regards

Kris the Jewstralian

aka

Guido Flynn

I would like to thank the Brandon club for putting on another good race. I was surprised how good the tunnels that were there handled the rough water on Sat.,20+ mph winds and if it were not for the trash blown onto the water from the tree's and some reed's. It would have been perfect. I would like to thank Otto for letting me race his 45 tunnel,Tommy and John busted their azz's to get it running for me. I think the boat will be happy that Otto is back in the driver's seat.
default_smile.png
I would like to thank Shane and Mitch for letting me run "Big Red". One of the easiest boats I have ever had the chance to drive...WIDE OPEN once she hit's the water is the way she like's it. Congrats to all the winner's...see you soon.

Back in the land of OZ. Katy and I had a blast every day of our 3 week vacation in the US, however the people and racing at this event was for sure the highlight. Something we will never forget, still puts a grin on my face thinking about it.

A big Thank you to the Brandon Club, diffidently an 1st class event with all the cream of the crop running.

The generosity and willingness to help out team Aussie from all the racers was mind blowing. Couldn't find a better bunch of guys and gals in one place.

A big shout out and thank you to everyone.

Mic, Paulette and Jay - thank you for putting us up for an evening. It was great to meet you Mic after all the direction and tips you provided me with over the years through PM's. Jay, dam you can steer a boat!

Mike C, thanks for your over the top generosity on the weekend. Very humbling, your a top bloke mate.

The Duncan's have got to be one of the kindest and funniest bunch of blokes I have ever met. Some dam fast boats in that stable. Jimmy, I hope "daddy fixes your boat".

Atwells, you guys rock, the loudest team in the pitts for sure. I can still taste that Moonshine. Make sure you clean all the Koala shite out of that carby, moonshine should do the trick.

Otto, your the man. Thanks for taking delivery of my boats and supplying jungle juice and parts for my boats. Your willingness to help a fellow boater will never be forgotten. Would love to spend many more hours sitting in your shop talking boats.

Stan Simpson, moparbarn Stebbing, Kevin Smart Monkey Lee, Kensil, Premo, Drake, Junker's, Matt M, Robert, Andy It was a real honour to meet you guys. All A class gents.

To everyone at the event and made it happen, thanks for a memorable weekend that will be talked about for years to come.

To any of you guys looking to come over to Oz for racing or vacation, we would be honoured to return the hospitality that we received.

And thanks to Kris for being a great mate to drink with to 3am every morning. Next time I will try to remember where I put the car keys.

To all the international racers looking to attend an outboard event abroad, this is the one.

Attending this event was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, however I just might be back in 2016, or earlier;)

Wow, what a weekend.

Sincerely,

Brad and Katy.

Brad it was pleasure to meet you and Katy. It would be awesome if you guy's could come back again, and bring that other bloke with you! Anything I can do to make it happen you let me know. And hopefully next time I won't be coming off of a surgery and we can go out and have some fun! Til next time, Shawn

Sponsorship and lots of $$ help the cause Junker
After everyone saw those wood boats of yours and how they run, I think you just need to put them into production and that should get you back over here
default_smile.png
Top notch boats, my fingers still have marks on them from how sharp the bottom of those boats are!!

Ok, so my thoughts on the trip.

it was a great time and it was awsome to catch up with aome old friends and meet some new ones FINALLY after many phone calls and much money changing hands ;-)

we could not have been pitting in a better spot between the troublesome Duncan clan and the loud Atwell clan (ok that was just Mitch Snr). Then throw in Gabe and it was a blast, even if he was playing on his phone most of the time being anti social ;-)

Thanks to Mike Culhane for the esky (you wierdos might call it an ice box or cold beer storage) and the shade tent. You can drive the snot out of those boats on the pins man, but was VERY impressed and you deserve the trophies.

John Otto, you are a champ and we appreciate your hospitality and looking after boats for us and fixing one for me .

Robin, great to meet you man, appreciate you making the longhaul (for internal entrants) down to this race.

One thing I gotta say as a negative was that I was very (well VERY) disapointed (to say the least) that there was nothing organised for after racing catch ups or what ever. We (Brad Katy and I) spent Friday night drinking by ourselves in the hotel room till 2am ON FREAKIN HOLLOWEEN.

Appreciate Gabe for hanging out the extra night on Sunday to eat some ribs then make the trip home, that was awsome buddy.

It was good that some of the out of towners could organise a get together and some moon shine for Saturday night (Thanks to the Smart Monkey and Atwells and Gabe for that one) Hooters was better than nothing!

I Certainly did NOT travel around the globe to drink with my buddies who live an hour away haha

I think the WTC might be the choice for me in the future.

sorry for the negatives, but I am quite annoyed to be honest (as I told Matt on Sunday). Great bunch of guys to be racing with though! We did learn a good bit about the differences on how you guys set stuff up to how we down down under.

I will take some of the blame for not hanging out with you guy's, but I did have a good excuse just having surgery! You should have come with me on Halloween, we had a blast!

Sorry to hear the disapointment from you. But your correct a couple of guys come from the other side of the planet should have been shown the time of there lives. You are also correct if you and Brad come back plan on the tunnle champs. You won't find a better bunch of guys. And you might get to meet your keyboard idle. Ron shaw ha ha ha. Sorry had to throw that in there. I also guarantee we will drink like ottis and eat like kings.

Sorry to hear the disapointment from you. But your correct a couple of guys come from the other side of the planet should have been shown the time of there lives. You are also correct if you and Brad come back plan on the tunnle champs. You won't find a better bunch of guys. And you might get to meet your keyboard idle. Ron shaw ha ha ha. Sorry had to throw that in there. I also guarantee we will drink like ottis and eat like kings.

Kris,

You gotta love Tony!!...
default_wink.png
Now that you have attended the Herb Race, maybe you can try the WTC again one year as well. I will tell you that a lot of us hang out, cook out, have a few brewsky's, maybe a little apple pie, tell a bunch of lies, and just simply have a great time after racing and most of the time until after midnight every night. We also go to our annual Japanese dinner as a group just so we can watch Otto do his infamous birthday "chicken dance". A lot of the same guys you saw at the Herb Race will be at the WTC as well. It's probably like Junker said, he is usually right in there with everyone else but being so soon after his surgery I am sure was slowing him down. Maybe my crew (Me, Mike B, Dave R, Martin T), the Atwells (including Tony...
default_wink.png
), Deryl and Jenni, Gabe, Shane A and his crew, and many others that hang out every night are just a bad influence!!!!....hahahahaha. One thing for sure, with the perlo, grilling every night, Japanese one night, Gilligan's Seafood one night, and other surprises by the land owner Joe Tumbleston, you will definitely not go hungry or be eating by your Aussie selves!!!.......
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
2014 Herb Stewert B Mod Tunnel Top 6 last round (I think it is Culhane crashing out at the start?? Or Otto maybe??)

Your video has been published at http://youtu.be/pkFBsQd6MSo

2014 Herb Stewert Open Tunnel heat - Dragon (Vision hull) Q Tunnel battling with Stan driving Shanes open (MAC 84) Tunnel untill the waterline fell off

Your video has been published at http://youtu.be/Z1eK85P2LAg

Back