2013 NAMBA Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I know of. the D-20 website is run out of Colorado and probably will not be updated till after the racing in UT is over.

I know Chuck Connolly has all the info. Not sure when they will be posted to the NAMBA website. I can give you two from today. X Mono was Lenny Blake 1st, Mike McKnight 2nd, Chuck Connolly 3rd. I know Kelly Gruol won A Hydro. Not sure about 2nd and 3rd. Russ Stark won Open Gas Mono, again not sure about 2nd and 3rd. G1 Cat was Jim Feener 1st, Tony Chlopitsky 2nd, Mike McKnight 3rd. On a side note G1 Cat was a sweep of all Stryker T44s.

Doug Sick won X-hydro on monday
Congrate to Doug 's Canada Finally get first place for X hydro at Nats B) I had won first place for C hydro and Mulit Twin at Nats Oregen WA last time 2002 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with any NATs updates??

I just got a text from Kelly Gruol. Apparently they are running one of the FE classes today. He took my P-Ltd OPC Lynx setup with him to run. Would love to hear how things are going! :) Would especially love to hear that my boat is still in one piece... :blink: ;)
Good news Darin, I just got home (sorry I didn't get to see you Glenn) and your boat is in the same shape it was when it left your house with one exception. It now has a national championship to it's list of accomplishments. You built an incredible boat my friend. I didn't have a chance to test it so the first time I ever drove the boat was in the first heat and it handled so well that it felt like I had been driving it for years. 1600 points later I am very grateful that you let me drive your awesome boat.

Now, off to take a nap after the long drive back to Washington.

Sorry I missed meeting you Kelly-But when a old overweight guys A/C quits in 100 Plus degree temps- priorities change :) . Congrats to you and Darin.

As best as I remember...

Round 4, only 1 boat started.

Round 3 there was an accident so there was a DQ and Al got 4 place points. Rob started but DNF for 25 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mike, Now put up a pic of you and the carbon whip with the trophy :) . And some of the other Utes who kept some of the gold in UTAH. Sorry I missed out and a special thanks to Tony C who went out of his way to find me a room at the last minute and even have fresh fuel waiting. Rob G. - missed you guy's too- hope I can make it up there soon.

I would like to thank all of the people that were involved with putting on this years NAMBA nationals. I had a great time and made some great new friends. I hope to get to race with you all again soon.

As best as I remember...

Round 4, only 1 boat started.

Round 3 there was an accident so there was a DQ and Al got 4 place points. Rob started but DNF for 25 points.
It was a weird race day in scale, it actually came down to heat 4 which would decide the championship. Al waters could not get his started, the Mcknights withdrew, Al and the Bardahl was too banged up, Greg and the frosted flakes died on launch, I threw the 65% to the pak, richened the needle and had a single run so I ran it like I stole it.

Thanks to all the Decker Dunkers for the great facility and all the hard work. It was so nice to get to talk to Jim Wilson again, and race with the great competition. There are some great racers in Utah!!!!

On another note, Robert Holland was inducted into the hall of fame at the banquet and was well deserved of the recognition.

cheerz

Rob, it was great meeting all of you, what a great week of amazing boaters and racing. For those who did not get a chance to make it you missed an amazing week of racing. The Decker Dunkers are world class organization and they know how to put on a national event. Thanks Karl and the gang for a great week.

D

It was really great to meet all you D20 guys. We had a great time. Hope to make a more races up your way in the future.

Back