2 - PX-335

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkScott

Plan on having some fun this year. These will be full P tunnels, already have a PX-300 for P-LTD. Boats were just finished on the build part. Next will be sealing them in the coming week. Thinking of how to set up the ESC / Servo. Hobbywing 180a, Savox 231-mg for steering. Power will be 4s, batts yet to be purchased. One lower will be a altered Lawless and the other a custom O.S..

PX-335.1.JPG
PX-335.2.JPG
PX-335.3.JPG

nice Mark!

What is the black product?

Thanks mate, working on the TT boat and....

Since I have these products around the house, the black stuff is for filling and strength'n the wood and connections. Mix is made from West Systems 205, 423 and 406. 423 = Graphite powder & 406 = Colloidal Silica.

oooo TT and...

I like the sound of those :cool:

Looks like you have done very well not to get that stuff EVERYWHERE haha...

:rolleyes: As best as I tried, still didn't keep it clean! Once on the wood, it's in the wood!

Look close enough at those pics, you might figure out that "and" means..

i assumed it was a 3 letter 'word' starting with S ;)

I think then normal epoxy and white glue/filler I use it bad enough...also the black that is sometimes on the burnt edges can go eveywhere...especially evident when you blow you nose later that day after scuffing a few edges!

Mark, I would love to see the outcome with the SAW 335. If I remember, that was one I drew up, and never ran, or even built. Will you be going after the IMPBA or NAMBA P record?

Mark, I would love to see the outcome with the SAW 335. If I remember, that was one I drew up, and never ran, or even built. Will you be going after the IMPBA or NAMBA P record?

Guilty, that be the one. Asked Paul for the PX-335 and he mentioned the SAW kit. Ok, sure, don't have a pond to really test out a SAW boat, but will give it a short shot. IMPBA will be the major record events since the Cincy club holds at least one event a year. 1/3 and 1/4 courses are setup on the lake. Wish we could get access to the pond next to ours. But that is an active gravel pit. If the SAW has any potential, might have to travel to Speed Week again.

Ok, these are now getting setup. But looking for ideas on how to get the ESC wires out while still keeping the RX box dry. Any and all suggestions will be helpful.

Looks like what I had on the PX-300. Was trying to stay away from metal tubes if possible. Do have brass, copper, aluminum and SS if that is the only way to go. Since both will be full P setups, staying with the 5mm connections. 3/8" thin wall plastic will allow these ends to pass thru, barely. Coping the setup Kris shows on his SAW boat, but he didn't post a pic of how the wires come out. ESC is under the steering servo. Allows the battery to be moved as far forward for CG needs. Just looking for different ideas of what might work. Heck, reached out to Jul to see if he can make something with his latest toy, 3d printer.

px-335.5.jpg

The PX-300 P-LTD was running in the 42mm ranges. Since the above two boats still don't have motors selected, not certain on props,. Plus, no one around here runs full P tunnel, these may end up as specialty boats. The PX-335 will most likely end up as a 2 lap TT boat. The club holds at least one, if not two, time trial events a year. The SAW boat, well, that will be a test bed to see how it runs. If potential, may need to travel to a site that holds SAW events. I will be needing new props for multiple boats this year as it is. I've converted a Miss Vegas ( I know, it's not an outboard...) to EP wire drive over the winter. So that will need props also, if not sold before hand.

Mark they will be fast in about 3 feet from shore I have seen the electric converted tunnels and they jump out of the water on the throttle,can't wait to see them run

Well, over the weekend, took the PX-335 oval boat to the Indy/Cincy race. Ran in the Open Tunnel class. Going against many .67 tunnels, wondered how it would run with the big boys. Wasn't disappointed in the performance of the speed. Have to work on the handling now.

Swordfish X 220, Leopard 3674 2200 KV, 4s 11000mah 100C battery, Props-4-U 1815 prop, OS lower.

FB_IMG_1626495425679.jpg
FB_IMG_1626720339675.jpg
FB_IMG_1626720327707.jpg

An update on the PTI PX-335 TT boat. Set IMPBA 1/3 mile P-Tunnel record at the Cincy Time Trials couple weeks ago.

Record time is now 26.821 at 44.741 mph.

PTI PX-335
Motor - TP Power 2420 KV
Lower - O.S.
ESC - Swordfish X 220
Prop - Props-4-U 1815
Battery - Powerhobby 4S 6000mah 120c Graphene
5.5 bullets used on all connections.

PTI PX-335.jpg

Back